GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake install and check engine light

jrgxc06

This was my first time working on my gti. I got my car earlier this year and was a little scared working on it and didn’t want to screw things up. I bought an Autotech intake from ECS Tunning. Once it was installed, i turned my car on had no check engine light and took it for a spin. I thought I was out of the woods, but the next day the check engine light came on. The check engine light doesn’t flash, it just stays on. Hooked up my obd scanner and it gave me P0300, P0303, P0304, P0302. I know they are misfires, but I reinstalled the stock intake and still the light is on. Any help?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
P0300 is “random multiple misfire detected” this is normally caused by an intake leak, go back and double check your work paying extra attention to around the MAF, stupid question but did you clear the codes once it was back to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
P0300 is “random multiple misfire detected” this is normally caused by an intake leak, go back and double check your work paying extra attention to around the MAF, stupid question but did you clear the codes once it was back to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Triple check the clamp to make sure it's seated all the way around correctly on its little groove. Use a mirror to check underneath.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk