GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 vs. MK7 (stock vs. stock)

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Why haven't I seen this yet?

It's not on the MK7 forum either.

I figured I would see this by now, even if the MK7 isn't stateside yet.

I am wondering (as many of you probably are too) if the extra power the MK7 has over the MK6 is possibly due to the car just being tuned better from the factory?

They're both 2.0's.

Maybe once a legitimate tune (APR etc) is out for the MK7, we will see that the gains from a Stage 1/2 tune aren't as big as the gains a MK6 sees simply because the MK7 is tuned better from the get go?

Thoughts/Opinions/Theories??

Reason I'm asking is I am considering getting a killer deal on a new leftover 2013 GTI vs. waiting on the MK7 to come out

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Yea....lots of views, but no replies.

Just as I suspected.

Shows me that others are wondering the same thing I am wondering.

Seriously....the MK7 has been out long enough that this should have been done already (MK6 vs. MK7 stock/stock)

Very curious

McQueen77

Banned
Stock Mk7 numbers are considerably higher than MK6 but the claim is only a 1/2 second faster. 200/207 vs. 210/255 or something..

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Maybe once a legitimate tune (APR etc) is out for the MK7, we will see that the gains from a Stage 1/2 tune aren't as big as the gains a MK6 sees simply because the MK7 is tuned better from the get go?

A very good point. Same premise as a lot of these 1.6's that are running around with 200hp. No real room left for aftermarket improvement on them due to the fact that they are tuned to the tits from factory.

I'd suggest holding off and waiting for the mk7 if I were you, but that's pretty easy for me to say from the "sidelines". I lucked out a bit this time around. My payments will be up in just under two years, so ima hold off and see what the mk7 R has to offer when it drops. Should line up nicely with the end of my payments.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
At least on the GTI 7 ..
I love the fact ,it will come with the LSD :clap:
Lighter,and some HP bump
Possibly will come with the active suspension
All settings can be changed on the fly via touchscreen(no too many cars with this feature)

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I only keep my cars for 2 years before I move on.

I would hate to pay top dollar for a newly arrived MK7 and not have any tune/exhaust/intake etc available for a year after that....

I would (maybe) rather get a huge discount on a MK6 and go Stage 2 or even KO4 and have fun humiliating new MK7's for a year or so until some real aftermarket performance stuff is available for the MK7 and THEN make the jump to the MK7.

By then it will be into the 2nd year or so of the MK7, when all the bugs of the first year model will be worked out.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Smart :thumbsup:

I only keep my cars for 2 years before I move on.

I would hate to pay top dollar for a newly arrived MK7 and not have any tune/exhaust/intake etc available for a year after that....

I would (maybe) rather get a huge discount on a MK6 and go Stage 2 or even KO4 and have fun humiliating new MK7's for a year or so until some real aftermarket performance stuff is available for the MK7 and THEN make the jump to the MK7.

By then it will be into the 2nd year or so of the MK7, when all the bugs of the first year model will be worked out.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion

No.

I always buy.

And I avg 20,000+ mi a year.

Once I get past warranty, I usually move on....no matter how much $$$ I have modded.

I get bored. And start over.

Thats what I do.

Do I lose $$$ doing this shit?

Yes.

But thats what I do

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
SERIOUSLY......

How hasn't the MK6 vs. MK7 stock/stock NOT been done yet????

I figured this would've been done and posted and Youtubed a WEEK after the MK7 hit the Euro market.

What is the holdup?

I guess I need to go over to GolfMK7 forum and ask them? But they don't know this shit either from what I've seen

rquinn19

Ready to race!
No.

I always buy.

And I avg 20,000+ mi a year.

Once I get past warranty, I usually move on....no matter how much $$$ I have modded.

I get bored. And start over.

Thats what I do.

Do I lose $$$ doing this shit?

Yes.

But thats what I do

That's what I need to do! I put 20k+ on a year and I'm out of warranty in 2 years and when I'm ready to trade it in it's not worth anything anyways.