GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R Intake Thread: Log 'em if you got 'em!

ian dummy

Ready to race!
Just heard from APR, and this is what the email said;

"Ian,

We have been in contact with VWR about this issue, it appears there was a quality control issue with some intakes causing less than desirable fuel trim numbers. As of right now there is a resolution to the issue, and we are working on receiving parts to resolve the issue. The parts we have requested should arrive here within the next week. Continuing to use the VWR intake should not cause any damage to the vehicle. As soon as the corrected parts come in they will be shipped out to you. What I need from you is your current shipping address and contact information so the part can be shipped to you as soon as possible."

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Yeah, I want to choose a new intake, so far I'm thinking either

Unitronic , Neuspeed , EVOMS , CTS

I've had the Volant , VWR ( without the fix ) and I'm looking for an open filter design, figured you tried them all so I'm trying to make an informed decision

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I want to choose a new intake, so far I'm thinking either

Unitronic , Neuspeed , EVOMS , CTS

I've had the Volant , VWR ( without the fix ) and I'm looking for an open filter design, figured you tried them all so I'm trying to make an informed decision

Honestly, you probably can't go wrong with any of those. In terms of quality of design, Uni sets itself apart from the rest of the pack... In terms of performance, I'd say they are all on par and it almost like splitting hairs trying to declare a winner here.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Yeah, it's tough deciding I think I'm going to try the Unitronic or the revised VWR since I have never tried the revised version; do you know if the reviesed version is a whole new pipe or just the "fix" around the MAF sensor

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
The revised VWR I had came with a metal sleeve.

I really wanted the VWR to work for me. I looks good, it's made of very light material, I liked the sound, but it had trims over 10% with the revision. Others have had better luck with it and I hope you are one of them:thumbsup:

Mario8P

With that being said, the VWR is out, I don't want to take the chance of bad trims

Am on the same boat. Leaning towards either the Unitronic or CTS intake.
Need help deciding. As these are the only available in my region

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mario8P

Update. Unitronic intake installed on my 2010 Audi S3 sportback. Fit is great. But had to modify the front filter heatshield as the torx screw was way off. Not sure if it has anything to do that my car is a face lifted s3.

Fuel trims looks decent. Only managed to drive her for ~50km