GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DO NOT BUY FROM P2SPEC (p2spec.com)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merelington

Ready to race!
This thread is made to warn potential buyers and to provide a place for "victims" to speak up.

Absolutely terrible experience.

I paid over $900 for my set of Avant Garde 18" wheels on April 6th...it is now September 2nd and my wheels have not been shipped and my numerous calls and emails have all gone unanswered. Only contact I've had recently was from forum member/salesman Ben@P2Spec telling me he couldn't issue a refund and that I should file a complaint.

Ben says he doesn't have control over this as he simply generates the sales and feels terrible being an enthusiast and whatnot.

Having paid through google checkout I don't have the option to make a claim (like through paypal) and have resorted to filing one through the Internet Crime Complaint Centre...which has worked for me in the past.

DO NOT BUY FROM P2SPEC!

Last edited:
Damn bro!!! :eek: That sucks!!!

vernacular

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe some of us feel like calling or e-mailing P2SPEC on your behalf? :paddle:

Can we reference an order number or name?

sales@p2spec.com
(714) 623-7198

Uberryan

Banned

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
If this is the case, I suppose I can finally speak up about what happened with my Avant Garde order as well.

I ordered mine around the same time. On the site it showed in stock, despite many other sites not having availability. Because of that, I went ahead and ordered it. Days went by and finally I was told that Avant Garde was out of stock for a few weeks but mine would ship once they got back in stock. I was told they HAD stock but that AG had allocated THEIR stock to fill orders for Pyspeed. I had email dealings with both Frank and Ben @ P2Spec and spoke to Ben as well. I was told I would get some money refunded (around $50.00) for my troubles once the order shipped.

Fast forward a bit...we agreed to switch from black barrels to gunmetal since the gunmetal was going to be in at AG a couple of days to a week sooner or so. The order ended up shipping after weeks of waiting. When I asked about the refund I was promised, suddenly things changed. I was told that they had to fight to get my order changed to gunmetal and that they would issue me that refund once Avant Garde refunded them.

I never saw my refund.

This isn't as bad as what is happening here but I spent WEEKS emailing them and applying pressure to get my order, was promised some of my money back for the delays but never got it. On top of that, P2Spec actually charged my credit card within a couple of days of placing the order despite it then taking weeks more to actually even ship. The site said they charge your card/ship your order within 24 hours of each other.

I was asked NOT to discuss what happened with AG and my order and agreed to keep the situation quiet. At the same time, I was promised something I never got and it seems that I wasn't the only one that got a raw deal. I actually hinted at the mess I had with P2Spec on this order previously but did not go into detail because I was being asked not to do so by the company. Seeing this mess you're dealing with makes me feel really leary of the whole situation.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear, I had a similar experience. Pretty sure I used Google Checkout and I got my refund without filing anything, maybe because it was only a few months as opposed to 5, or maybe it wasn't a big enough sale for him to try and salvage.

Funniest part is I talked to another member on here who had to get a refund from Ben and dude must have a script for these situations-he gave us both the same lines/lies on the phone lol. The guilty enthusiast bit is no doubt familiar.

I know he's been good for a lot of members on here, but he fronted on me pretty hard. After hitting up one of the companies about my order since Ben wasn't doing anything, they told me he wasn't even an authorized retailer... lol.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I got a speech too, Bruh...lots of angry war cries and promises.

lolol yeah, dude just wasn't trying to hear, "I want my money back."

I'll give him credit-he was persistent on the phone. If only he was that persistent about being straight up about my order.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
lolol yeah, dude just wasn't trying to hear, "I want my money back."

I'll give him credit-he was persistent on the phone. If only he was that persistent about being straight up about my order.

Right..."we'll kick some cash back to you for this mess". Meanwhile, it's JUST enough of a carrot on a stick to keep me from canceling the order.

Uberryan

Banned
That's besides the point. If they're posting and selling unauthorized merch from a brand, I'm pretty sure they're not authorized to warranty or issue claims based on that brand. Might be considered an illegal business practice, and I know you can file suit for that if you're the brand owner.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
it's a drop-shipping issue, plain and simple. He most likely doesn't stock more than 40% of what he sells, if that - especially for big items like those rims, as everyone wants something different, etc. And since he is a small vendor/business, Avant Garde and VMR will have higher priority dealers to work with first, then he comes in.

Several people seem to have issues with buying wheels from him, that's why I won't ever buy any from him either.

That all said, this type of issues exists for many vendors and sellers on Ebay as well. It's a real pain in the ass for the buyer...

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
That's besides the point. If they're posting and selling unauthorized merch from a brand, I'm pretty sure they're not authorized to warranty or issue claims based on that brand. Might be considered an illegal business practice, and I know you can file suit for that if you're the brand owner.
No doubt, and it definitely says something about the way they operate.

Funny I can't find PHO_TOE's post about his VMR/P2Spec debacle.

edit: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109329&postcount=141

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.