GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 2.5L - engine code?

kga1978

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all,

I just bought a Carbonio and I am trying to find out whether I have a CBUA engine or not. I have searched everywhere and I can't seem to figure out how to locate this information on my 2011 2.5L standard Golf. Does anybody know? Or is somebody able to tell me from the attached pictures?

Thanks very much

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
You should have a sticker right near the radiator shroud (plastic thing on top near the grille) It will have a bunch of information and will tell you the engine code.

kga1978

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay, found the sticker and it didn't say CBUA/CBTA. However, it said 'pzev', so I guess that is the CBUA engine? Also, in my VIN, the letter in the fifth position is 'B'. I guess that suggests CBUA as well....

Damn - gotta get me one of them extra filters then!

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Okay, found the sticker and it didn't say CBUA/CBTA. However, it said 'pzev', so I guess that is the CBUA engine? Also, in my VIN, the letter in the fifth position is 'B'. I guess that suggests CBUA as well....

Damn - gotta get me one of them extra filters then!

Yeah you definitely have the CBUA. On the sticker mine specifically says "Not to be sold in California" or something along those lines.

stas92

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I don't know what is up with this California engine but my car is from New Jersey and has two outlet tube (or inlet technically) coming out of the stock intake. I went to autozone, bought a breather filter and adapted it.

Last edited: