GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New purchase, but what model?

Anthonyjrc

Hi guys,

New to the forum and looking to trade in my Audi A5 3.0l tdi quattro for a mk6 golf but cant decide which option to go for.

I know I want a 5 door with the 1.6 tdi engine but the three specs i have narrowed it down to are:

1.6 Bluemotion - Most fuel efficient option (74mpg no tax)
1.6 Match - Great spec but no so great mpg (62mpg £30 tax)
1.6 Match with Bluemotion Tech - seems like the middle ground (68mpg £20)

Both the Basic Bluemotion and the Match both come in at the same price and will be a simple straight swap (08 A5 to 11 Golf) but the Match with Blue will be extra (not sure how much as they don't have any in stock).

my question though is this: forgetting mpg the Match is the choice for me as it has the extras I want (PDC, MFSW, Auto headlights and wipers, armrest and rear elec windows). But I don't want to be loosing out on the MPG front. Can anybody shed any light on the Bluemotion package and if the extra fuel stuff actually works?

Also just to confuse me more the basic Bluemotion is lowered and has an aerodynamic pack that looks really smart but the Bluemotion tech pack doesn't have any exterior mods I don't think.

One think I really cant understand is why on earth they didn't put the aeropack and suspension on the Bluemotion tech pack so you could have the green car with the toys too?!?!?!?!?

Help! I don't know what to buy!!!