GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SSILVER88's Build Thread

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Where to start?

First a little history.

I bought the car July 27, 2011 from Neftin VW in Westlake, CA. It was the first 2012 car they received. It actually arrived on the truck 5min after I arrived at the dealership. It was just a base 2dr CSG GTI as thats what I was able to afford at the time. I wasn't able to do anything to the car until I payed it off because of a deal I made with my father. Just before 2 years of ownership I payed it off on May 16, 2013 and transferred it into my name on August 5, 2013. I was then able to start modding the car.

Current Mileage: 28.2k

Pic of car when first purchased

Car as it sits now

Current Mods:

Performance-
Unitronic Stage 1
Neuspeed P-flo
Bilstein PSS Coilovers
034 Motorsport Strut Mounts
Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert
USP Motorsports SS brake lines
Stoptech Brake Pads F+R

Cosmetic/Other-
OEM Aluminum Glove Box Latch
CSG Rear badge insert
Debadge Rear GTI Emblem
Color matched side markers

Parts For Sale:

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
I love my debadge rear, I'm thinking of removing the red stripes in the front grill, they snap out from the back.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
That sounds like it would look pretty good :thumbsup:

Nice car, I'd definitely recommend a dogbone mount insert as a very noticeable upgrade for the money, I think mine was like $40 shipped. And I actually am in the process of respraying my red grille strakes gloss black. I think quite a few guys have gone the same route as I'm going on this, it's my favorite grille set up.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Well I picked up the R brakes from Csg_r today and he also threw in a US Millworks front plate mount for free :thumbup:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Doing some cleaning up of the thread.

Neuspeed P-Flo Intake

Millage at time: 18k and change

Last edited:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
GTI rear emblem delete- 3/29/14(Why didn't I do this sooner?)

Millage at time: 21,954

Last edited:

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Well I picked up the R brakes from Csg_r today and he also threw in a US Millworks front plate mount for free :thumbup:

Mad, the extra weight (and the expense) has always made me shy away from bigger brakes, but I think with an aggressive brake pad, ss lines, and the tyrolsport solid caliper bushing kit, the R brakes would be a very good track set up.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Thats the plan.

A daily driven, canyon carving, occasional track day car :)

The brakes are really heavy though

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Thats the plan.

A daily driven, canyon carving, occasional track day car :)

The brakes are really heavy though

:thumbsup: I don't know if they work with the R brakes but SPM has that two piece lightweight rotor kit I've contemplated a few times, I like doing anything and everything I can to get closer to 50/50 weight distribution though I know its probably impossible to get there.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
I think are cars are way to front heavy lol

Definitely, I put 235s on the rear wheels, and kept the fronts 225s, and honestly, the added rear grip over the fronts makes the car behave way closer to neutral than any other mod I've experienced. Definitely recommend the staggered set up. That and disabling stability control completely makes the car feel much more docile, though you really have to be on your toes and know exactly how to react to every circumstance if you do this. Unfortunately with a 2011 car, I can't VCDS mine to turn on and off with the button, so I just run with it off all the time. Haven't had traction or stability in over 8 months, only complaints are from my tires.:cool:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Definitely, I put 235s on the rear wheels, and kept the fronts 225s, and honestly, the added rear grip over the fronts makes the car behave way closer to neutral than any other mod I've experienced. Definitely recommend the staggered set up. That and disabling stability control completely makes the car feel much more docile, though you really have to be on your toes and know exactly how to react to every circumstance if you do this. Unfortunately with a 2011 car, I can't VCDS mine to turn on and off with the button, so I just run with it off all the time. Haven't had traction or stability in over 8 months, only complaints are from my tires.:cool:

I think i'll have to try that