GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
All I care about is auxiliary fuel injector ports on the intake manifold. Having proper fueling support will be grand.

molo

Ready to race!
Are those top mounts for meth injection or fuel injectors?

Krog29

Ready to race!
:clap:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
So im drawing a blank, where does the rear breather adapter mount to on the TSI engine?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Intake manifold doesn't make any difference, few people have already posted about it... It's not restrictive like for the FSI engines... Sure it looks great, especially with the holes ready for m but that's an expensive part for just the look ;)

That may be true for the other products on the market, but we have shown very good gains even on aggressive K03 and K04 setups with our design. Larger turbos of course take much more advantage of the manifold. Proper resonance tuning and runner shapes coupled with flow tuned velocity stacks and plenum volume/shape goes a long way. We did not rush this product to the market, even though the demand has been incredibly high to ensure it was an actual performance piece. We have been developing the highest performing intake manifolds on the market for quite some time now. We are compiling all the engine and chassis dyno data now to release with the pre-sale.

So the TSI turbo kit is only on the drawing board? Meaning what exactly? Are you guys still working out if it is feasable and/or doable? It is my opinion that you guys would sell a hell of a lot more TSI turbo kits (especially using the EFR turbos) then FSI kits since the market is flooded with FSI BT kits and most of the Golf Rs interested in a turbo kit are already APR stage 3. IMO it is the TSI market that is looking for a packaged BT kit with software that makes decent to big power since the only other option is APR and we know how dissapointing those kits are.

Hardware. The hardware is very similar for both cars, but the TSI kit requires a few different cast intake and charge piping, silicone, downpipe, and a few other odds and ends. The casting process is the longest wait for the whole turbo kit, but it is in the works now and we are pushing to release it quickly after the Golf R kit.

I'm sure hardware is not the problem, it probably could be out already... They should release the kit without software, med 17 is way more complicated than others ECUs and it will take them ages to figure it to finally have a tune that's probably not even that great..

Actually as posted above it really is just the wait for hardware on these. We have great success in tuning these ECU's, only real road block with the software side is not tuning it, but delivering it without having every customer mail in an ECU for bench flashing on MED17 platforms. However, we are now working out what we need to deliver these via port flashing.

We have been tuning up to 5 local VW and Audi TSI cars a day for Stage 1 - 2 tunes for months now for verification all the different ECU codes. Our tunes are holding their own against any other.

Here are early TSI tune revisions (we are at 4500 feet here, not sea level).

All of our 2.0T Stage 1-2 tunes are about to go for sale soon as well. We are actually planning a trip very soon to take our EFR kits through a long road trip through high elevation mountains, hot desert, heavy traffic, and sea level through California to show how well our tuning will perform in any area. We will have lots of video, photos, and data for that.

So please, don't worry about software. Cracking MED17 was absolutely no issue.

All I care about is auxiliary fuel injector ports on the intake manifold. Having proper fueling support will be grand.

All the manifolds will come designed with plenty of room for fuel injectors, and will be delivered with tapped 1/8" NPT threads for water meth injectors. For those few really pushing the boundaries of fueling that want manifold injection, we left a lot of room for injector ports to machined in by any machine shop.

Are those top mounts for meth injection or fuel injectors?

They will come tapped for methanol, with plugs in them for those running either. For those few customers who want manifold injectors, there is plenty of room to have bungs machined in.

So im drawing a blank, where does the rear breather adapter mount to on the TSI engine?

It replaces the rear breather on the back of Garret turbos. However if you are using the valve cover breather plate to setup a catch can, you do not need that piece. Only those running the early single outlet breather plates would need this piece.

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
It replaces the rear breather on the back of Garret turbos. However if you are using the valve cover breather plate to setup a catch can, you do not need that piece. Only those running the early single outlet breather plates would need this piece.

Im still confused, the valve cover breather plate adds two AN ports on the front to mount to a catch can and eliminates the tube that goes to the intake manifold. From the pictures you posted of yoru breather plate your design is the same as IE/034 and reuses the same rear pcv port that reuses the stock tube that connects to the air intake intake pre-turbo.
Can you post a picture of where the breather plate goes? That would help a lot. Thanks

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Im still confused, the valve cover breather plate adds two AN ports on the front to mount to a catch can and eliminates the tube that goes to the intake manifold. From the pictures you posted of yoru breather plate your design is the same as IE/034 and reuses the same rear pcv port that reuses the stock tube that connects to the air intake intake pre-turbo.
Can you post a picture of where the breather plate goes? That would help a lot. Thanks

You are correct, on our plate or other designed like it, you do not use the rear breather plate and have zero reason to do so. On older plates that have one breather port, no revision for the rear breather port, or custom setups that may not have plate with that revision then you would need the rear breather block-off or adapter plate. If you are using the new style plate, there is no reason for the rear breather plates.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Tyler, I lost the retaining clip that secures the IE boost tap to the intake manifold. Do you know where I can get a replacement?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
any ideas on when the manifolds will be released and pricing? before i go and throw all my saved up money at other parts that are on sale for black friday, and then you end up initiating a presale on monday or something. i just want to know if it'll be this year or if it's more likely a couple months out.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
any ideas on when the manifolds will be released and pricing? before i go and throw all my saved up money at other parts that are on sale for black friday, and then you end up initiating a presale on monday or something. i just want to know if it'll be this year or if it's more likely a couple months out.

It is very close, we are pushing to have the pre-sale ready before Christmas.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Here is a small video put together about some of the development behind our 2.0T MK5/MK6/Golf R FDS performance intercoolers. Also, some lovely sound from our IE450T turbo kit development Golf R driving the local canyons.

See more HERE.