GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CV Joint Sound When Turned All The Way

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I'm pretty sure I've seen someone else have this issue. iirc the solution is something very simple like spraying WD 40 on it (or something to that effect). Can anyone help me out? I tried searching but couldn't find anything -___-

thumpr1

Ready to race!
Are you sure its not the infamous subframe clunk? It sounds pretty similar to a CV noise, there are updated bolts to fix this but for most people it doesn't last so they resort to the Tyrol collar kit.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
it's a rattling sound when I'm taking a tight turn in a parking lot. I thought "subframe clunk" was a sound when going over bumps at speed

thumpr1

Ready to race!
it's a rattling sound when I'm taking a tight turn in a parking lot. I thought "subframe clunk" was a sound when going over bumps at speed

My subframe clunk was most noticeable while turning at slow speeds and when one of my heavier friends got into my car. What you could do is order new bolts from ECS for like $14, install and torque and see if the noise goes away. If it does then you know thats the problem. You'll want the tyrol kit if it returns though.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I looked up videos of the subframe clunk sound. I'm positive that's not the problem I'm having