GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti mkv Dsg vs [video]

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
http://gtchannel.com/videoChannel/best-motoring/hot-hatch-track-battle

at half of the video they do quarter mile runs with the gti mkv

very cool video!, not surprised on the winner but u know, for me, its was more a tires setup and pilot fights that an hothatch fight. If they all had the same car, u would get a first and last place too u know what I means. Im confident that the final resultat would have been different if they re-raced 4-5 times and exchanged the cars/pilots.

Without forget that our mk6 gti is a different beast on track that the gti mk5.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
Without forget that our mk6 gti is a different beast on track that the gti mk5.

Really? I haven't tracked in any GTI but I didn't know the MKVI was that much of an improvement. If you can explain more what you mean I'd be interested to hear.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Really? I haven't tracked in any GTI but I didn't know the MKVI was that much of an improvement. If you can explain more what you mean I'd be interested to hear.

The mk6 gti stock suspension setup was improved over the mk5, different height shock/spring setting, stiffer rear sway bar, it got an electronic slip differencial that can help and the gti mk6 is larger in width too. I heard the powerband is smoother too, make things easier. Whatever for me on this one, im apr chipped like a lot mk5 too ;)

All minors changes on a stock vs stock perspective of mk5 to mk6 comparison but good improvement for tracks. This doesnt means the mK5 is a lot slower on tracks, wouldnt say that the mk6 was that much of an improvement! but still better for this particular task.