GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

State of the Board/Moderation Update

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I'm happy with this. I used to be a huge contributor to overclock.net and the mods heavily regulate behavior when it gets out of line or outside the TOS.

That being said, we can still have fun right? I won't get flack for posting something like this (in response to this thread):

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I find this forum is pretty lenient with FS threads. Not saying it's bad nor good. Just stating my observations. In many other forums, it is strictly regulated. Examples: you must have a certain amount of posts to post a FS thread, you must have pictures of the actual product, you must take pics of the actual product with the username and date in the pix, can't bump in less than 48 hours, etc.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I find this forum is pretty lenient with FS threads. Not saying it's bad nor good. Just stating my observations. In many other forums, it is strictly regulated. Examples: you must have a certain amount of posts to post a FS thread, you must have pictures of the actual product, you must take pics of the actual product with the username and date in the pix, can't bump in less than 48 hours, etc.

I agree. I feel really bad for folks trying to sell stuff and other people hawking in and posting something that deters a sale. While I, the consumer, appreciate the cheapest deal, its not fair for the people selling.

I keep my silence when I know something is fishy or not right. I would like to inform others, but if someone wants to pay a huge premium and not do research, thats on them.

On a suggestive note, maybe we could add a sub section to the classifieds area where we can post deals on various parts:
Engine (forum)
-> Intakes (thread)
-> Plugs (thread)
-> Coils (thread)

Suspension
-> Coilovers (thread)
-> Springs (thread)

...brainstorming.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion

This forum as a whole is pretty "lenient" but i honestly wouldnt call it that myself as I get a different vibe from the forum as they just want things to run open and not be forum NAZI's with people in a position of internet POWA to control things how they see fit, which I really like about GolfMK6, but there comes a point and its nice to see that the MOD's have identified this...

^^^to the above, sub-sections in classifieds would just be too much

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion

I've always liked the photo of item with forum name and username info in it rule. Anything to help deter false for sale posts and keep folks from getting ripped off.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I think generally we agree with this. Maybe not QUITE to the extent you suggest, but certainly more than you would expect.

That said, as stated before, posted here due to traffic.

Understood.

Can it be posted in more than one forum? I'd add it to the General Discussion forum too. Hell, considering the importance of content, it probably deserves to be stickied there.

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
On a suggestive note, maybe we could add a sub section to the classifieds area where we can post deals on various parts:
Engine (forum)
-> Intakes (thread)
-> Plugs (thread)
-> Coils (thread)

Suspension
-> Coilovers (thread)
-> Springs (thread)

Please no.. too many clicks! lol

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Nope, the general vibe of EVERYONE has been negative as of late. We want to shift it back to where it should be.

I think the negative vibe is a sign of the times. It's easy to get sucked into that path of negativity. I sort of wished you would've closed the political thread long ago. I got sucked into it and nothing good ever comes from arguing politics.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
I think the negative vibe is a sign of the times. It's easy to get sucked into that path of negativity. I sort of wished you would've closed the political thread long ago. I got sucked into it and nothing good ever comes from arguing politics.

+1

on related note, the gun thread is already going off course. :D

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I think posts in the off topic should not count towards post count. No offense to anyone. But its rather misleading if you are one that pretty much exclusively posts in OT.