GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video] GT500 vs K04 MK6

Coolicarboy

Ready to race!
Very nice kill! The new GT500s scare the living crap out of me though.

Stifun

Ready to race!
They run mid 12s well driven, I wouldn't say they are slow. If mid 12s are slow, what do you consider a stock R running 14s?

Well, for what it is... you dam right it's slow... it's a big motor with a supercharger and it runs those times. That's pathetic!

I'd rather drive your 5.0 anyday over that car.

Now the new GT500, that is a very bad boy! But, the older GT500's in stock form are nothing to be impressed with.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Thats the first gen GT500 + failvertible. A current 5.0 is probably faster, so I am not surprised you won.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Great Title, I'm always clicking on MK6 vs threads expecting a video and nothing. Just a bunch of words. This, i knew what to expect when i clicked it. A+++

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Well, for what it is... you dam right it's slow... it's a big motor with a supercharger and it runs those times. That's pathetic!

I'd rather drive your 5.0 anyday over that car.

Now the new GT500, that is a very bad boy! But, the older GT500's in stock form are nothing to be impressed with.

It's 500hp and runs 12.40s stock. They have hit 12.20s stock down to the tire, but it takes a hell of a driver to do that. They don't have fancy launch control, and it's hard to get traction off the line in a car that makes that much torque. I think it's a fast car. The 5.0 runs good times because it's lighter and geared better. Even the new GT500s only average high 11s low 12s with a decent driver. I know over on STVP they've hit 11.20s stock, but that's also a hell of a driver. It's a second faster in the 1/4 then the 07-09 GT500s and it's got 162hp more. BTW, I wasn't digging at the R, I love that thing, I was just saying that cars that run mid 12s stock are pretty fast.

Stifun

Ready to race!
It's 500hp and runs 12.40s stock. They have hit 12.20s stock down to the tire, but it takes a hell of a driver to do that. They don't have fancy launch control, and it's hard to get traction off the line in a car that makes that much torque. I think it's a fast car. The 5.0 runs good times because it's lighter and geared better. Even the new GT500s only average high 11s low 12s with a decent driver. I know over on STVP they've hit 11.20s stock, but that's also a hell of a driver. It's a second faster in the 1/4 then the 07-09 GT500s and it's got 162hp more. BTW, I wasn't digging at the R, I love that thing, I was just saying that cars that run mid 12s stock are pretty fast.

The new GT500 has trapped as high as 127mph bone stock. NOW THAT is FAST! LOL.

I even think my Stage 2+ Golf R could hang or beat this GT500 in the video. lol

Old GT500's are still epic fail to me and no matter what you tell me I will not be in agreement with you.

Give me a Boss 302 and I'll be happy

cotnballs2000

You guys get all mad when a V8 gets beat on here. You guys start making excuses or start insinuating people are lairs.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Supercharger whine :drool:

Make another video and tell your friend not to get on it 2 seconds late. I would love to hear that thing go screaming by you.

Dat whine....

ivory lovin

Passed Driver's Ed

Slip from Sunday. Right lane was a 08-09 GT500 with a catback and intake. Stock tune . Kinda sad I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stifun

Ready to race!

Slip from Sunday. Right lane was a 08-09 GT500 with a catback and intake. Stock tune . Kinda sad I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad. There's already a Stage 2+ Golf R on the stock turbo that trapped 113mph. LOL. So, I would say that a big v8 with a supercharger trapping that is SHITTY! To say the least......

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
I don't recall the shutdown speed, somewhere near the speed limit I'm sure.

Next December after deployment I think I'd like to build the motor and put an APR GTX kit on assuming it is out.