GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$38,000?!?!

phuccer1

Ready to race!
That's the price that a VW dealership tried to sell me a MK7 GTI Autobanh for lol

Although I wasn't in there to buy, I was just buying some parts for my MK6. I saw the MK7 in the showroom and decided to check it out since it was the first one I've seen in person.

While looking, I had 2 guys try to get me to trade in, I humored them in letting them give me their sales pitch. Asked for the price, and they said $38,000 because its super rare right now. I told them that fact will change in less than a year. They told me..thats true lmfao

Then tried to leave to go back home to work on my car, had another guy run out and tried to convince me again while I'm halfway in my car.

Just a funny story I thought I'd tell haha

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
As expected... new model is not going to have any kind of discounts.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
This is why I hate dealerships. Whoever buys that Mk7 is going to feel like an idiot in a year when everyone else is buying them new for $25k.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

Oh wow. That was not what I thought I was posting.

Last edited:

SnackyJ

As expected... new model is not going to have any kind of discounts.

Exactly.

This is one of the reasons why I bought my MK6. Some dealers will gouge because people have to have it "right now!" ... and some people will pay it. It will be a few months to a year before prices are normal, and probably a couple until incentives are offered on the MK7.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Asking price and selling price are two different things. Many dealers add a second window sticker as mark up in hopes fools pay it (because some do).

You certainly can't finance a MK7 GTI in the US for 38k when then window sticker is ~31k unless you have a huge down payment.

Dealers will offer discounts on the MK7 GTI - if you insist upon it. But it will most likely be a few months until the manufacture offers financial incentives.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
They're listed at $28-30k depending on trim level here in Seattle. Just talked to one dealership, she said they have 2 right now, and are getting in 10 at the end of the week. Rare my ass.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
They're listed at $28-30k depending on trim level here in Seattle. Just talked to one dealership, she said they have 2 right now, and are getting in 10 at the end of the week. Rare my ass.

What models did they have? I may check them out soon.

I priced one on Edmunds out of curiosity and a loaded Autobahn MSRP'd at 33,440 with a TMV of 33,278.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Saw a four-door black MK7 Autobahn GTI at my dealer (VW of Santa Monica) yesterday for $32K.

EricVdB

Passed Driver's Ed
I wish I could buy a MK7 GTI here for the equivalent of $38000

Doesn't quite work that way, UK yearly salaries are in pounds are pretty close to US salaries in USD per career. Its different than the Canadian dollar vs US dollar conversion.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
What models did they have? I may check them out soon.

I priced one on Edmunds out of curiosity and a loaded Autobahn MSRP'd at 33,440 with a TMV of 33,278.

I believe she said they have two S or SE models, can't remember for sure. End of the week though they'll have 10 more, so I'm sure they'll have at least one of each trim. Nothing in auto right now though until they get the 10 in later this week, all manual trans.

Chaplins has an SE and an Autobahn as well, Autobahn is auto, SE is manual. I think I saw auburn has two S models as well.