GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mikejsmith1985: 2012 GTI Autobahn

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Very nice. Thanks. I'm trying to figure out my intercooler situation and this gives me another option. Curious for the photos

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
3. My favorite reason for this suite though is if I decide to go back to stock or stage 2 in a few minutes I can be running that software in my driveway or if I run across a smoking deal on a BT or max out the fun on the F23 I can switch to any setup I want and I'm not going to have to buy software again. I may have to spend some time/$ on the dyno but to me that's a more fun way to spend the money.

thissss. definitely a good point to keep in mind for those interested in a tune. keep us updated when you get around to doing the dyno! great progress overall, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread! :thumbsup:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
thissss. definitely a good point to keep in mind for those interested in a tune. keep us updated when you get around to doing the dyno! great progress overall, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'll definitely share results. I'm in the process of building a new garage so depending how much $ that sucks up and how happy I am with the base file will dictate how quickly I do this but in a perfect world by mid/late November we'll have an update with dyno #s.

Still has some work to be done but here is the link to my write up on the IC install for anyone who is interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zs6swbg4akfstz/MK6 Treadstone TR8 IC install.docx?dl=0

Last edited:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
So, in final preparation for the F23 I've installed my boost tap and analog sensor for the P3 gauge and installed the OBD splitter I'll report back if I run into issues. Turbo should be shipping mid October and I may hold off on the install till the new garage is up. Buying the turbo may have sacrificed the lift for about 6 months but working in the building will be way better than my attached garage and having the F23 seemed more fun [emoji106]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Well looks like I was wrong although the initial for looked good the bottom of the bumper doesn't come in far enough I'm going to have to trim the crash bar some and may have to re-work my pipes a bit. More updates to come...

EDIT: So it's all back together now the clearance issue was solved by shaving down the lower shroud so it is flush with the ends and the bumper had clearance it was very tight but everything bolted up just fine. I'll try to finalize my write up this weekend.

Last edited:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Took the car out for a drive, I've got a very noticeable sound change. I checked all the couplers and they're tight but this doesn't sound like spool to me... Thoughts?

May have to do a BLT to determine for sure.

Hitting 25 psi peak and holding 23 psi then tapering to ~18 psi

https://vimeo.com/142026097

Last edited:

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
It was a boost leak on the TOP where it connects to the Turbo. Issue resolved. Overall impressions the car feels good, but I'm on a relatively new tune and its cold now... I've been monitoring my P3 Intake read out and at full operating temperature under WOT I'm seeing ~+5/6 degrees over what my car is measuring Ambient temperature at. These numbers likely aren't as accurate as what you get when hooked to a dyno but I'm happy with what I'm seeing. I think the IC fills the grill pretty well but its not as noticeable as I had hoped which is ok just means its still got some "sleeper" status :)

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Rolled over 36k miles and got a CEL... Forgot to zip tie the vacuum cap on the boost tap nipple not being used and it blew off.
Also found out that using the OBD splitter the gauge works but neither Eurodyne or VCDS can communicate to the ECU when connected to it so I'm returning it and I'm a little bummed!

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Still no turbo but here's some pics of the new Green Dip.

Not sure if I'll get my garage up this year or not took way longer than it should have to get the trees down and the power put under ground. The weather has been miserable and I'm afraid the ground is too saturated to be able to poor concrete... I'll find out in the next couple weeks though...

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Picked up a 3D printer last week and found a car mount for the mk6 golf. So I downloaded and printed it. Fit is tight but good.

So I designed a mount for my surface and its printing now. My hope is to be able to have the surface mounted so I can easily see and access it while running logs and tuning.

I'll post pics of it all together, not sure if the first print will be final or not so may take a few days