GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Cup Kit or Eibach Pro Kit system?

Coilovers.

Do it right and change both. Struts and springs need to be matched.

That's why im getting the Eibach Pro System this month! :thumbup:

My12GTI

Ready to race!
I'm going to bump this back up as I'm going to be making the same decision soon....look, newbs can use the search function!

Looks like the reverse rake question was never really answered. I'd love to see some pictures installed as well from owners of either kit.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
I went with a set of eibach springs on stock struts, not a good mix. I am having the eibach struts installed @4pm today and will make a nifty post about it.

Red Dragon1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive had the H&R cup kit on my car for nearly a year now and its awsome. Couldnt be more happy with it. Probably the best mod ive installed. Highly recommended.

My12GTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for the replies. Definitely post feedback on how the eibach springs feel paired with struts, HardCandy. I do think I am also leaning more towards the H&R kit for the spring. Do you have any pictures of it installed, Red Dragon?

arpn50

Bizump....

Same quandary, what to do. Can't justify too much coin on a darn Rabbit (got the floor mat option and that was it), added 17" huffs but that is all. Driven the snot out of it for 52k miles and think it can use a little love. Thinking of Eibach Pro-System Plus Kit but not sure I need the front sway bar. Don't care about how low it sits, just looking for a reason to ditch the crappy tires.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I went with the Cup kit and I must say that it is actually very very close to a stock setup. Good dampening and great ride height. You can handle speed bumps without having to slow down significantly. It is a very good setup for the price. I am happy with my purchase.

toosteeley

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed the H&R cup kit with super sport springs and it's fantastic! Rides pretty much the same as stock but with the perfect ride height IMO (24.5" FTG all around). Also added 5mm spacers up front and 10mm in the rear. Not perfectly flush tires (pretty close), but I don't feel I need to worry about rubbing with this set-up.

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
^ Looking good. Im having trouble deciding between H&R kit with Sport Or Super Sport.

The SuperSports look better but i dont want to have problems during the winter. Im going to be running 16' steelies so Ill probably be fine... Still, do you think itll be rideable?

toosteeley

Passed Driver's Ed
There's really only .25" difference between the two. Having said that, Ottawa gets a hell of a lot more snow than Toronto.