GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 DSG Scraping Sound

jpaw

I've been doing a fair amount of searching and can't seem to find anybody with a similar issue. My 2012 mk6 DSG is making this scraping/crunching sound when accelerating into a turn in 2nd gear. Shifts are smooth and it feels fine but I know it didn't do this last year when it was Winter. I brought it to the dealer and drove with a tech. They said the "dsg makes all sorts of sounds". I agree with that to a degree based off my 1.5 years of ownership but this sound doesn't seem normal.

Same sound seems to occur when going over a speed bump or dip which just adds even more confusion to the situation for me. Clutch, bushings, all of the above!?

Thanks all

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You're fine

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Never heard it in my gti or turbo beetle

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
It's fine. Don't stress it with DSG or you will NEVER be able to enjoy the car.

It's noisy, it's loud, yet it's a great transmission and shifts so damn well.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Take it to the dealer, you said it happens in a turn, i am thinking suspension, wheel bearing, i guess we have cv boots. anyway take it in again, make sure you get the work order form for your records. Did they remove the front wheels and check everything out up front?

jpaw

Take it to the dealer, you said it happens in a turn, i am thinking suspension, wheel bearing, i guess we have cv boots. anyway take it in again, make sure you get the work order form for your records. Did they remove the front wheels and check everything out up front?

Thanks all for the replies. Your right, it shifts amazing and I just need to relax :) My inner OCD pushed me to bring it to one more dealer. They said my lower control arm bushings were shot. This did resolve the crunching sound going over bumps and dips but the dsg sound remains. Oh well..just going to go with it.