GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Nice what do you use to clean the plastic like by the cup holder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vacuum with soft brush attachment so it doesn't scratch the plastic. Wipe down with meguiars quick interior detailer (doesn't leave that greasy shine) and a clean microfiber towel. Also, stoner glass cleaner for the windows is the shit. I don't use those fancy products, meguiars has worked well enough for me.

Jaber

Modero
Detailed the interior on both cars. Also used Meguiars interior cleaner and leather.

Also realized I fucked up during neuspeed FMIC install. Put in that one screw that can go into the IC hose. Luckily it seems like it just a surface scratch. But hard to confirm with a mirror. As I didn't take anything apart.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
You should upgrade to the deAutoKey LED interior lights!

^ That. LEDs clean up the interior, tenfold. Even though the dome lights are rarely on, you'll appreciate it when they are :thumbsup:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
installed the torque solutions subframe kit, same as the tyrolsport kit but 50$ cheaper. 100% resolved the annoying clunk and turning clicking noises. highly recommended.

ViR

The Russian
Used my roof rack for the first time, wohoo!

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion

When your rear tires hit wires and the tires you ordered gets delayed. Gonna rock this till next Saturday lol

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Ok cool if I'm up there and I haven't figured it out I'll message you, are you around Miami?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APR Tune Setting:
Have your ignition on but car not running. Cruise switch set to on, then press and hold the set button for ten or more seconds. At this point the CEL will start to flash. Stock tune is 1 flash per second. After that there will be two flashes per sec etc. Just let the set key go when you are flashing to pick your tune. For GTI there may be two or three programs as well as stock. After selecting the program you need to turn off the ignition for ten seconds. Turn back on and make sure you have the correct octane.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
APR Tune Setting:
Have your ignition on but car not running. Cruise switch set to on, then press and hold the set button for ten or more seconds. At this point the CEL will start to flash. Stock tune is 1 flash per second. After that there will be two flashes per sec etc. Just let the set key go when you are flashing to pick your tune. For GTI there may be two or three programs as well as stock. After selecting the program you need to turn off the ignition for ten seconds. Turn back on and make sure you have the correct octane.
The first blink is not necessarily going to be stock load levels, but that is common. The order you choose when you get flashed determines the ordering of the programs when switching. I've definitely had a 93 tune in the first slot on past VWs.

--Matt

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The first blink is not necessarily going to be stock load levels, but that is common. The order you choose when you get flashed determines the ordering of the programs when switching. I've definitely had a 93 tune in the first slot on past VWs.

--Matt

Yup, you need to look in your owners manual and see what order your programs are listed in.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Got home and the shift knob I ordered from a forum member was at my door.

So I just installed a raceseng ashiko shift knob. It's a pretty impressive weight upgrade even coming from the BFI knob, it's like 250 grams to 735 grams.

There were reasons I wanted to get out of the BFI knob and I think the ashiko will cover everything I didn't like about the BFI knob.

I've had the BFI since xmas and it's really starting to look rough. I never tried any kind of metal polish on it, but I'm gonna give it a try even though I'm not gonna use it anymore. The ashiko is like a smooth and glossy paint, so any dirt will just wipe right off.

The emblem on the BFI knob gets hotter than the knob itself, and in the summer it can be too hot to touch. The silver coating on the emblem also began to wear away relatively quickly and you could see the gold plating underneath. I'll see how hot the ashiko gets, but if I have to I can buy a delrin cover. Plus there's no emblem to fade.

The other issue was just a comfort thing. I didn't really like how it sat in my hand since the first day, but I got used to it and it still kind of bugs me. I haven't gone for a drive with the ashiko yet, but it already seems like it'll be more comfortable.

GoTIme10

Ready to race!
Installed my new RPF-1's, installed my Stern rear brace, and wrapped my CTS outlet piipe in reflect-a-gold. Ordered a new hatch emblem to match my front and a new rear insert for the emblem. Oh yeah, sold my old wheels today!!

KO7

Ready to race!
Replaced the stock Dunlops with Michelin A/S 3s.