GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So a motorcycle crashed into my MK6 and exploded...

Sashko

I was getting a price of just under $44K for a fully loaded 2016, picked my CPO'd loaded 2011 with 49KM for $20K taxes in. It was a great price, just needs new wheels as I hate the Detroits. That is nice of Cowell, I hear that they are a great dealer to deal with.

Did the price go up with the "Made in Mexico" tag? Picked mine brand new in '13 for $37.5 CAD after taxes, with DSG and leather package and a few extras thrown in (monster mats, 3M tint and nose bra). They were willing to give me a fully loaded one for 3k extra. R started at 40 and change before taxes I believe.

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Did the price go up with the "Made in Mexico" tag? Picked mine brand new in '13 for $37.5 CAD after taxes, with DSG and leather package and a few extras thrown in (monster mats, 3M tint and nose bra). They were willing to give me a fully loaded one for 3k extra. R started at 40 and change before taxes I believe.

Taxes and fees are included in that price, and it included the performance package and all other options.

Sashko

Wow, 4-5 Gs in quite a bump, especially being Mexiconized. That would put an optioned R well above 50k mark. :eek: To put it in perspective, my mom picked up a fully loaded Volvo S60 T6 last year for 47.5 after taxes with full maintenance free for 5 years. I love my GTi, but that Volvo is 335i kind of awesome and cost of ownership is next to nothing with regular fuel and totally free stealership visits. With such prices and pretty shitty VW incentives, might have to look for a new brand.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yes. Demand for the MK7 and poor Canadian dollar drove prices through the roof. It's a great car but I think $40k+ is too much.

Although that might just be me being old. Things are just more expensive now.

No 40k is a lot for a golf. The Golf R i think is over priced as well for how "low" the numbers are out the factory.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Wow, 4-5 Gs in quite a bump, especially being Mexiconized. That would put an optioned R well above 50k mark. :eek: To put it in perspective, my mom picked up a fully loaded Volvo S60 T6 last year for 47.5 after taxes with full maintenance free for 5 years. I love my GTi, but that Volvo is 335i kind of awesome and cost of ownership is next to nothing with regular fuel and totally free stealership visits. With such prices and pretty shitty VW incentives, might have to look for a new brand.

I like Volvo i had a 940 sedan before i got my GTI and i really wanted a volvo but where i am at they cost more than VW. I wish volvos were more moderately priced.

KO7

Ready to race!
Nice find on the 2012 CW. Mine also has CTS intake and DP with Stage 2 which you're considering. Happy modding.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Im just glad there's pictures in this thread or else I would of had a bad tuesday

Sashko

I like Volvo i had a 940 sedan before i got my GTI and i really wanted a volvo but where i am at they cost more than VW. I wish volvos were more moderately priced.

It appears that they are moderately priced. Free maintenance for 5 years (company wide incentive) and inline 6 turbo that takes regular fuel will actually make the ultimate ownership cost waaaay cheaper than an R and about the same as a fully loaded GTi. Out of the door, they are 20k cheaper than a 335i with only marginally worse performance figures and actually way more luxury features. If you are in US, you get them for 20% cheaper than we do, also with less taxes to pay and a huge used pool. You should be able to pick up a very low milage '13-14 S60 T6 awd for under 25k (T5 even cheaper, but you want T6).

I love VW, but the prices for the models that I dig are getting more and more disconnected with reality.