GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Ptak reminded me we're overdue for a good old fashioned Roy VS Dubya debate. Make it good gents.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
What shall the topic be this time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Screw the office chair, put it in your mk2!
If I could find a set I would be down

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
So good news, apparently nothing is wrong with the car. Started up fine today, has been idling fine at the dealer. They can't explain the start up where it sounded like it wanted to destroy itself. No noise from tensioner or anything abnormal. Since they have it there, told'em to change the oil, this way if anything terrible did happen, I have the magnetic plug that can catch any metal bits.

well thats good, glad to hear the car is okay . probably related to the cold weather :iono:

In4WarmCouch

i gotchu

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Oh snap!!

I want to buy this and turn it into an office chair
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/d/recaro-vw-volkswagen-mkimkii/6451878266.html

Oh wow I still love these seats

I remember when I was 16, circa 1993, and had just started driving. Schaumburg VW was, I'm pretty sure, where the old Schaumburg Audi used to be on Golf. They had a mint-green '91 GLI 16V that I absolutely fell in love with.

SO MUCH WANT

I tried talking my dad into buying it for me (who was I kidding lol?) I remember I took it for a test drive and oh man THOSE SEATS. I also remember the little trigger for the door pull broke off when I squeezed it to open the door and my friend made fun of me (he was a car guy but didn't get the draw to the 16V GLI's).

My dad suggested I save my pennies, go find a regular 8V Jetta, and "make it look like a 16V". Sacrilege.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

I remember when I was 16, circa 1993, and had just started driving. Schaumburg VW was, I'm pretty sure, where the old Schaumburg Audi used to be on Golf. They had a mint-green '91 GLI 16V that I absolutely fell in love with.

SO MUCH WANT

I tried talking my dad into buying it for me (who was I kidding lol?) I remember I took it for a test drive and oh man THOSE SEATS. I also remember the little trigger for the door pull broke off when I squeezed it to open the door and my friend made fun of me (he was a car guy but didn't get the draw to the 16V GLI's).

My dad suggested I save my pennies, go find a regular 8V Jetta, and "make it look like a 16V". Sacrilege.
Yeah I was looking for a Montana Green mk2 for awhile they are not as easy to come by these days!!!

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

SO MUCH WANT

Are you talking about the outside door handle??? Jesus Christ I broke so many of those things on my MK2

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Are you talking about the outside door handle??? Jesus Christ I broke so many of those things on my MK2

Yep.

Was in and out of the car a few times. Last time I tried to get in I squeezed it and the little trigger thing snapped off.

"Fix it and I'll come back" is what I told the guy. Never went back.

I used to do that a lot when I was young... bored... go test drive cars. Still don't know how I managed to convince so many sales guys to let me drive shit that I had no legal means of buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.