GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My CW GTI has arrived

elbles

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered mine on February 6th, it was released to manufacturer on 2/10, released for production on 2/24, departed the port 3/18, arrived at the port in Rhode Island on 4/12, and was in my driveway yesterday. Absolutely thrilled so far (put 50 miles on it "going around the block" yesterday).

2 door (obviously)
Autobahn
Bi-Xenons
Dynaudio
6-speed

Excuse the poor quality of the pictures, I took them with my phone, and it was raining on the way home to boot. I actually ended up washing the car in the rain after I took the pictures. I guess you could say I'm committed (or I should be)...

CadMan

Ready to race!
Congrats Man!

The waiting just kills!!!!

Looks almost like mine. Sweet!!!!

zee

Go Kart Champion
Congrats. So after all that waiting, what future plans are you leaning towards?

elbles

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for all the comments all! The wait really did kill me, as I was really starting to dislike my Impreza to the point where the 240SX that came before it was a better DD. The dealer and myself alike were shocked at how quickly it came in, given the schedule set by VW.

As for my plans, I don't really have any. I'm currently commuting 80 miles a day, five days a week, so I don't really want to do too much in the way of performance stuff that'll make it a worse DD (a big reason I stuck with the 17" wheels instead of opting for the 18s). In a dream world, I envision the GTI being my DD (and it's a near-perfect fun DD, in my book), with another car like a S2000 or Boxster S as my weekend car. But I'm definitely dreaming there. :)

CadMan

Ready to race!
Tell me about it, Rad went in my Chrysler last week and I had to replace it.
That hurt but I know I probably have another solid month to wait... AArrrggghhh!

elbles

Passed Driver's Ed
I hear ya CadMan. Just a week before I picked up the GTI, I spent $60 and a hour or so of time replacing the front brake rotors, which were warped beyond belief at 43,000 miles. It's rough, but believe me, it's worth it when the car comes in...

CadMan

Ready to race!
Using your delivery time as a rough guide that would put mine at roughly the first week of May. Awesome if I could have around my birthday then I won't have to do my license renewal on my 300 and I won't have to do the mandtory drive clean inspection on the emissions. That should save me some more coin.

By the way elbles what plans do you have in store for your car, any engine mods?