GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UNI stage 2 vs 2007 TL type-s with mods

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Where do you do your runs?

trd420

Go Kart Champion
May have been my fault for assuming. I'm not trying to start a war either. 2 Non-GTI guys (although 1 former) talking about a non-GTI :lol:

None have dipped into the 12s. But like I said, it's very rare you see a TL on DRs let alone slicks. Also, there are only about a handful of TL's that are tuned on the new standalone ECU. It's good for 20whp/tq almost everywhere in the rev range. There are still some minor bugs being worked out, but once available for the Accord (different harness), I will have it and dyno before/after.

I'd have to assume the FSI Stage 2 on meth/100oct tune I ran was as quick as a Stage 2 TSI, but I could be wrong. He would creep from 40-90 and I would creep 90+. I'm untuned.

OP, we've spoke about it before, but if you pulled this Type S I think it's safe to say you would pull me as well :thumbsup:

Good to know i allways wanted to race you :fighting0030: :D

so the 3.2 engine gains 100 bhp from bolt ones?
He had Full intake/exhaust mods/Stage 2 cams/tune. The TL comes stock with 11:1 CR, hence why the gains were so high with the cam. Could've been a high reading dyno, I don't know. But the gains were very good. Coming from trapping 95ish stock, he was trapping 103 with heavy 19s on the car.
Well my only experience comes from a 6 speed accord, from 2010. It had plenty of power, but traction limited like no other, as well as nasty ass torque steer.

Those cars could really benefit from new tires... Even with all that I got to 60 in under 6... but it was axle hopping so bad I thought the dash was going to fall out.
The 8G Accord (08-12) is a bit quicker than my 7G, and slightly quicker than the TL Type S as well. Stock they've gone 13.7-8 @102. Apparently one with I/E went 13.3 @105.x. I want one, but I'm enjoying fully paid off my lil 3.0 with no more car payments :thumbsup:

Dybz

Banned
He had Full intake/exhaust mods/Stage 2 cams/tune. The TL comes stock with 11:1 CR, hence why the gains were so high with the cam. Could've been a high reading dyno, I don't know. But the gains were very good. Coming from trapping 95ish stock, he was trapping 103 with heavy 19s on the car.

The 8G Accord (08-12) is a bit quicker than my 7G, and slightly quicker than the TL Type S as well. Stock they've gone 13.7-8 @102. Apparently one with I/E went 13.3 @105.x. I want one, but I'm enjoying fully paid off my lil 3.0 with no more car payments :thumbsup:

2010 accord weighs ~ 3500 with v6. the 2008 TL-S weighs about 3500. so you want to tell me the 2008 TL-S needs an extra 100 bhp to trap the same as a stock 2010 accord?

^ I'm almost 100% sure the 08+ Accords weigh just under 3400lbs. The Accord in question trapping 102 was a 6 speed, they put down ~235/220. The TL in question was a 5AT (much slower) trapping around 95 stock (~205/185), and was on heavy 19" wheels. If he were on stock wheels I'd imagine he would've trapped 104+. Those 5AT trannies take a lot away from their performance. Even the 5AT version of my car traps ~4mph slower than the 6MT.

The new Accords also have a table top torque curve. 3.5 ftw.
Good to know i allways wanted to race you :fighting0030: :D
Not for long bish :D

Btw, my 101 trap was on larger than stock diameter tires. I would assume with stock size tires my traps would be in the 102.x range. When I'm at 6400RPM currently with these tires, on my stocks I'd be at redline (6800 RPM). Pretty large difference.

I'm not arguing Accord/TL vs. GTI here. I've seen plenty of MK6s and think they are very nice looking cars and perform very well. I enjoy friendly debates like this. It's nice to learn about other cars that you wouldn't expect to perform well.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/specifications.aspx

i'll take official honda ratings.

appears they didn't have a manual in 2010... guess AT makes up the difference.

It was the Accord coupe

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-coupe/specifications.aspx

Looks like I was dead on with my review too

Acceleration: It's pretty easy to light the front tires up from a relatively low-rpm (2,500) launch. Any lower and it produces wild wheel hop, any more and they just spin.

You're looking at the sedan. Only the coupe comes in 6MT form and is lighter.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think coupe and sedan weigh about same.