GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM or CTS CATBACK

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Yes I do have a SPM full Street Turbo back setup on mine and it did have fitment issues. My shop had to charge me extra to modify a bit. It was rattling interior pretty bad. Other than that, I love my exhaust, maybe a bit of drone but it's manageable.

What was wrong with it? Tips misaligned? How did they fix?

deephouse

Ready to race!
What was wrong with it? Tips misaligned? How did they fix?

Not too mechnically inclined but was told by my tuner shop Eurocode that they had to detatch and reweld one of the hanging hooks. But the fact is,initially I had just catback installed by local auto shop. Then once I've moved on to APR Stage2, downpipe was puchased and this time was installed by Eurocode. It started rattle my interior badly, couldn't stand it. When I went back to Eurocode to discuss the problem they said initial installation of Catback wasn't done properly and had to pay extra ($160) for the modifcation. Anyway problem has remedied say...95%. The quality of SPM hardware does appear to be top notch though.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Not too mechnically inclined but was told by my tuner shop Eurocode that they had to detatch and reweld one of the hanging hooks. But the fact is,initially I had just catback installed by local auto shop. Then once I've moved on to APR Stage2, downpipe was puchased and this time was installed by Eurocode. It started rattle my interior badly, couldn't stand it. When I went back to Eurocode to discuss the problem they said initial installation of Catback wasn't done properly and had to pay extra ($160) for the modifcation. Anyway problem has remedied say...95%. The quality of SPM hardware does appear to be top notch though.

$160 to reweld a hanger?
Find a new shop.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

thumpr1

Ready to race!
Maybe you can swap out the midsection for the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently I have catless dp, mid muffler section from SPM and the track rear. I ordered the track mid section and drove around for a few days completely straight piped, waaaay too loud. So I've ordered a resonator I'm going to weld into the track section and see where that gets me.

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
Finally got my catback and it is sweettt!!!! The welds are amazing and you can tell they take pride...even inside the pipes have all the burrs grinded down smooth