GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Heater AC Blower Maintenance

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Some More Points...

I had to do the Fan Maintenance again this fall when my thermo fuse blew, I replaced it with a new one, here are a few additional points that I'd like to add.

1). If you replace the Thermo Fuse make sure you use some sand paper to clean up the contacts before installing the new Thermo Fuse, I measure and pre bend the wires on either end of the Thermo Fuse before wrapping them around the contacts.

2). Carb Cleaner will remove all the lubrication from the oilite bushings. I found that using 5w30 motor oil works well, it just takes longer to let soak into the oilite bushings. I drip the oil at the shaft/bushings point and let soak rotate a few times, I do this a few more times before I let sit over night. I know one of you had a good idea of using a heat gun to heat the fan motor to help the oils soak into the oilite bushings.

3). A few of you are having difficulty with reinstalling the fan so I hope these instructions on removing and reinstalling are of some help. I used a white tire crayon to hilite the Arrows as well as the Lock position for the Fan Housing.

Attachments

• 1 Removal.JPG
    1 Removal.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 2 Insert the Fan.JPG
    2 Insert the Fan.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,060
  • 3 Line Up the Arrows.JPG
    3 Line Up the Arrows.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 858
  • 4 Rotate Fan Housing Clockwise.JPG
    4 Rotate Fan Housing Clockwise.JPG