GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Financial mistake #2.

Schyzo

Passed Driver's Ed
So I realize I never posted here about my R. At first I had #153 mkv R32 but unfortunately the car suffered a sad faith and got destroy by a woman driver back in June 2016.

Here she was In all her glory.

Anyway, I had a baby girl in August so I wanted a 4 door and obviously I turned my self toward the mk6 R since I couldn't afford a mk7. And I found one bone stock driven by a gentleman.

The fastest and sexiest color also.

A week after I found someone local selling a unibrace for cheap so I jumped on it.

Also installed my Euro cup holder that was supposed to go in the mkv but never made it lol.

White line torque mount insert.

Few pictures I took the first week I got the car.

Got a free CTS turbo intake that needed some love.

Welded a new piece and applied some paint to prevent rusting.

And wrapped it up to hide the defect.

Got a new set of wheels, 18x8 et40 18lbs each. Much better compared to the 28lbs telladegas.

And recently I installed my Euro rear fog taillight.

Few more parts are on the car right now.
Led puddle lights
R8 coil pack.
OEM monster mats (GTI)
OEM monster mats (R32)
Oem trunk mat
Euro switch with auto light sensor

Parts waiting for installation
Neusspeed rear sway bar
IE pcv delete kit
Passat aluminum knuckles
Passat aluminum control arms with tres bushing
Porsche GT3 brake ducts
Blind spot mirror
Black washer and coolant cap
Rev9 downpipe.
ECS sport wing.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Schyzo

Passed Driver's Ed
Few pictures in winter mod.

Passat control arms with the GT3 ducts installed.

With the parents GTI.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Are the stock Talledegas really 28 pounds each?? Holy shit.

I need new wheels...

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I have painted side markers I never installed in my mk6 golf R if you're interested... If not Im just gonna post them on the Classifieds

mlody91

Ready to race!
Are those Neuspeed Rims? I dig 'em :thumbsup:

Also, I see you've got the Firehawk 500s as a summer set. How do you like 'em?

Schyzo

Passed Driver's Ed
Are those Neuspeed Rims? I dig 'em [emoji106]

Also, I see you've got the Firehawk 500s as a summer set. How do you like 'em?
No actually they are a local company called fast wheel. Model is fc04. Had them on the R32 and liked them so much that I bought a set again. Flow formed and light weight what to ask more?

Schyzo

Passed Driver's Ed
I have painted side markers I never installed in my mk6 golf R if you're interested... If not Im just gonna post them on the Classifieds
Maybe. PM me price and pictures

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
do you really feel its a financial mistake? are you concerned with the various fsi issues at all? how do you find the snow traction with those detroits on lowpro tires?

EDIT haha im not just bothering you Im thinking of getting into a mk6 R coming from my GTI

Schyzo

Passed Driver's Ed
do you really feel its a financial mistake? are you concerned with the various fsi issues at all? how do you find the snow traction with those detroits on lowpro tires?

EDIT haha im not just bothering you Im thinking of getting into a mk6 R coming from my GTI
No I don't think it's a financial mistake. I just like to call it like that since I could of bought a regular car for my need and not spend the extra money.

I have no probleme with traction running the OEM size in winter and we get some really bad winter here.

No issues with the FSI so far, first thing I did when I bought the car was an oil change and a cam follower change I had no idea if it was changed before and it came out okay (car is at 120000km)

Nest thing is a timing belt with carbon clean up and haldex/tranny fluid once spring gets here.