GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Philly locals(or close to it)? Just got my MK6

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
So last week i decided to trade in my aging A3 and picked up a 2012 GTI autobahn Black/Black with 32K miles on the clock. Just thought i'd share as that it's been over 6 years since i've been really active on a car forum

So it was GOODBYE 8P (Hilda)

And hello GTI

Pooley

Ready to race!
Welcome to the club! I live just outside of Philly, a few minutes from Chestnut Hill. It's funny, there's always been a good number of GTI's around the area but lately I've seen even more than usual around. I've had my 2011 for 5 years and do as much work on it myself that I can. This site has loads of great info. A lot of people have come and gone from the site but their info is still here and it seems like there's been a wave of new owners joining in to keep things going. For me I find that this regional forum doesn't get much traffic compared to the specific ones like the General Discussion and the engine specific forums. Maybe that'll change with newer owners.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome to the club! I live just outside of Philly, a few minutes from Chestnut Hill. It's funny, there's always been a good number of GTI's around the area but lately I've seen even more than usual around. I've had my 2011 for 5 years and do as much work on it myself that I can. This site has loads of great info. A lot of people have come and gone from the site but their info is still here and it seems like there's been a wave of new owners joining in to keep things going. For me I find that this regional forum doesn't get much traffic compared to the specific ones like the General Discussion and the engine specific forums. Maybe that'll change with newer owners.

chestnut hill is like 2 miles from me right up germantown. I live in plymouth meeting near the metroplex aka (giant / target)
:thumbsup:

Pooley

Ready to race!
chestnut hill is like 2 miles from me right up germantown. I live in plymouth meeting near the metroplex aka (giant / target)
[emoji106]
Nice, I'm just off of Rt 309 and am in the Plymouth Meeting area often, only 10-15 minutes from where I live

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice, I'm just off of Rt 309 and am in the Plymouth Meeting area often, only 10-15 minutes from where I live

i work in doylestown right off of 611. i know exactly where you are

lets get something going next weekend guys?

Last edited:

mtbriderrusty

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm out in manayunk, seen a bunch of gti's around but not much traffic on the regional section. Been thinking of starting a local Facebook page fir meets down at the wissahicon train station. Lots always empty in the weekends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joveen

Ready to race!
Awesome. Welcome man. I've had my car for a year now. Lots great advise and info on here. While you're at join the Facebook group (burnallthemk6s).

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm out in manayunk, seen a bunch of gti's around but not much traffic on the regional section. Been thinking of starting a local Facebook page fir meets down at the wissahicon train station. Lots always empty in the weekends

my GF lives right by andorra shopping center by the LA fitness.

let's get it going i'm definitely game. especially with the weather getting nicer

Awesome. Welcome man. I've had my car for a year now. Lots great advise and info on here. While you're at join the Facebook group (burnallthemk6s).

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

joining now thanks for the info

mtbriderrusty

Passed Driver's Ed
I frequent that gym often seen a gti in the apartment parking lot the other day. What's everyone's current mods and exterior interior?? I'm going apr stage two Monday

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
I frequent that gym often seen a gti in the apartment parking lot the other day. What's everyone's current mods and exterior interior?? I'm going apr stage two Monday

Yeah? i have been on a 3 month hiatus from the gym. got busy with my kid and my grandmother getting cancer(she seems to be getting better). I typically go after work(8am) during the week and late morning on weekends. you might know my gf. she used to work at that LA fitness

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Never really paid attention to the workers other then friendly hellos and what not.

Got it. She worked there over a year ago for an interim job. Now she just accepted a job for a big non profit organization in center city.

But yeah i say we get a little local thing together even if it's just a quick cruise

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk