GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6 month review of Cilajet

Bose

Ready to race!
Bought my car in April and the dealer was pushing Cilajet pretty hard. I kept saying 'no' and he kept dropping the price. When he said "ok...$200 and you get the full exterior with wheels and the interior protectant too. Lifetime warranty. If you ever get a stain on the seats, carpet, or blems in the paint bring it back and we'll make it right." So I bit and had it done.

I'm not new to buying cars and the crap they push, but I figured for $200, what the heck. Right off the bat the car looked great. Water beaded up well and the car was very slick. Pretty much what I would expect from a detail with polish and wax. I figured it wouldn't last though.

Fast forward to last weekend, 6 months later. Now I have been washing at least every 2 weeks, so the car never gets really dirty, but I missed a wash a couple weeks ago, so it hadn't had a bath in a month. Roads have been getting paved all around my house, so I've been driving on new tar a bunch. I broke down last weekend and washed the car and there was a ton of tar splatter behind the rear wheels. With only rag and car soap, the tar washed right off. So it seems to have held up pretty well. All summer, bugs and crap on the front came right off without any effort.

So if you can swindle a cheap deal, I'd recommend it.

Oh...and as far as the interior. My 14 yr old football player got in the car after a muddy football game. Dirt vacuumed right out of the pax seat and left no residue. Not bad.

Excel_GTI

Ready to race!
My company sells cilajet. Our cost is $50. Fyi...the markup is insane

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
I got them to throw it in for free, along with winter wheels and tyres, clear bra, and a bunch of protection plans ( the 2012s were on the way and they had 4 2011 gtis they needed to get rid of) I am pretty satisfied with the Cilajet so far. Good to hear positive reviews 6 months later.

Cilajet

My company sells cilajet. Our cost is $50. Fyi...the markup is insane

Cilajet is the leader in auto paint protection. Our proprietary formula is a true aviation grade sealant that surpasses any common waxes or sealants sold today. Cilajet can only be applied at authorized dealerships. We currently do not have any auto dealership partners located in Cerritos, and we have never sold a Cilajet application for $50. If you would like to learn more about Cilajet and the many benefits of applying our sealant to your vehicle, please do not hesitate to call us at 310-320-8000. We look forward to hearing from you.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Thanks for the commercial announcement.

IMO that $tuff they try to push on you in the finance guys office is pure profit for the dealer, nothing more nothing less. I always say no thank you.

Bose I'm glad that stuff is working well for you. Thanks for the review.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Dealers don't always have bad products, it's their lack or correction (or none at all) prior to application that's the issue.