GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4fit's Build Thread- '12 UG GTI

4fit

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and new to Volkswagen ownership. Really, new to ownership of anything non-American. Previous cars worth mentioning are a '89 Mustang notchback (intake, cam, 125 dry shot, drag radials, drag suspension, etc), '01 Mustang Bullitt (#453, H&R Sport springs, 01 Cobra front bumper, staggered 18" anthracite Bullitts, etc), and '11 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited (2" Teraflex lift, 33" Falken ATS, 16x8.5 Level 8 Strike 5s, etc).

Anyhow, I needed to sell the Jeep to get into a vehicle with a cheaper payment and better gas mileage (was averaging 15.8mpg in the Jeep). Always liked the MkV and Mk6 GTIs, so I set out to find one. Found a nice '09 APR Stage 1 2dr, but it sold 2 hours before I planned to go look at it.

Ended up finding this '12 UG DSG and worked out a deal for it. It already had OEM R wheels, OEM R tails, tint, smoked markers, and a diverter valve spacer. Not sure what my additional plans for it are, but they most likely include springs and stage 1 tune at some point.

Enough yappin'. Here are a few quickly snapped pics.

Here's a couple pics of the previously mentioned rides.

My son at Uwharrie

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!

Car looks great; now I know what the 'Dega wheels look like on a UG GTI.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Welcome. The R wheels look great. :thumbup:

By the way, how old are you? If that's you in the jeep, you look about 15! LOL!

I keed! :p

4fit

Welcome. The R wheels look great. :thumbup:

By the way, how old are you? If that's you in the jeep, you look about 15! LOL!

I keed! :p

lol. Well, you are about right. The guy driving was 15 at the time, but it ain't me. That's my oldest son. I'm 35, but feel more like 85 most of the time.:(

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^^LOL! Gotcha.

Yea, I'm told teenagers will do that to you. :rolleyes:

6TI

Banned
Nice man. I've had 5 mustangs. My favorite was my 87 tangerine 5.0 notch back I painted. Congrats on the gti. I love mine and I'm sure you love yours! I have csg, and your color makes me jealous!

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Nice how much did you pick it up for ? and yea go stage 1 you will the new found power

4fit

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Nice ride. Ditch the dv spacer asap before it blows oil all over the place.
Hhhmmm......first I've heard of that. Then again, I'm brand new to these. I'll read up on that.

Nice ride. Moved thread to the appropriate sub-forum
Oops. Thanks.

Nice how much did you pick it up for ? and yea go stage 1 you will the new found power
Right around 20. Has the touchscreen/sunroof package (convenience package I think its called ?), DSG, interlagos, and looks absolutely brand new. I think I got a pretty solid deal.