GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crecraft's 2012 CSG Gti

crecraft89

Hey everybody ! I have been on this forum quite a lot , mainly researching and dreaming of things I could do to my Gti . I originally wanted a Golf R back in 2012 when I bought her new , but couldn't find one local for sale and just settled on the Gti . Fell in love and don't regret my decision too much ( except resale value ) . I use to blow a lot of my cash on booze and strippers haha, but I finally got around to doing some modding on it after I payed it off almost two years ago . Added some pictures of the car, no professional shots, just the ole Iphone after I clayed,polished, and waxed. Don't mind the dirty engine bay pic. It's impossible to keep clean in Arizona with all the damn dust. Between here and Alaska I cant keep her clean like I would like. Though I Just got a new DA buffer and the thing is amazing.

Engine / Drivetrain mods-
Cobb Stage 2 Tune( stratified tune soon , very soon)
CTS Turbo TOP
CTS Turbo Throttle pipe
GFB Diverter
Cobb Turboback Exaust
Cobb Intake
Carbon Fiber battery box
R8 Coilpacks / NGK spark plugs
Black Forest Stage 1 engine mount / tranny mount
BSH Dogbone insert and mount
HS Tuning RSR Clutch
ECS Tuning Boost Tap / Boost guage
Unitronic Intercooler
Neuspeed short shifter

Suspension/ Rims
Stoptech brake pads
Enkei 17 inch Rims
More to come, looking for some ideas on what to knock out first

Exterior Mods/interior
Matte Black hood wrap
Yellow Fog light film
Upgraded low/high beams
Black Forest Heavy Shift knob
Wrapping the roof next weekend

Attachments

• IMG_1988 (1).JPG
    IMG_1988 (1).JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1990 (1).JPG
    IMG_1990 (1).JPG
    114 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1991 (1).JPG
    IMG_1991 (1).JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2319 (2).JPG
    IMG_2319 (2).JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2365.JPG
    IMG_2365.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2369.JPG
    IMG_2369.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks like a good list. My only recommendations would be front control arm bushings (S3 or Whiteline), a subframe mount (HPA or VWR), sway bars and maybe some sport springs, in that order.

crecraft89

Thanks for the response. I was just looking at the Whiteline Control arm bushings and a rear sway bar. You think the puck will offer me alot of bang for the buck even with the insert and upgraded pendulum mount? Down the road after I get my K04 I will be looking into some decent coil overs. If things go right I should be K04 by June ( fingers crossed )

zrickety

The Fixer
I suppose I would wait on the puck, the insert gets you most of the benefit.

crecraft89

I guess when I get around to wrapping my roof next weekend , I might go ahead and install my deadset kit I've had laying around for 6 months. Crack open a few beers and go to town . Hopefully the shark fin antenna comes out easy and the vinyl goes on smooth .

crecraft89

Went ahead and changed out my fuel filter and changed the transmission fluid with some liqui moly 75w90 GL4+, removed the soundaktor as well. Got my stratified tune in late last night and flashed it at 1am after work lol . Got around to driving it today on a 40 mile trip and what a difference from Cobbs OTS tune! Car feels amazing and I'm digging it . Gotta set up the access port and do some logs tomorrow hopefully and send them in for refinement . If I get around to the dead set install and wrap I'll be sure to upload some photos.

Last edited: