GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
ah! thank you .. so we can disregard my prior comment.

Thank you so much .. truly appreciate it.

YW!! No problem man, I spent a lot of time looking for the correct master cylinder. I got lucky and found one that was listed under the C version instead of E and it turned out to be the E version we need.

LAGP

Ready to race!
ah! thank you .. so we can disregard my prior comment.

Thank you so much .. truly appreciate it.
Just be aware that sometimes the compatibility list is not 100% accurate, make sure you get the 25 mm bore MC, here is a complete description on the part you mentioned:

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Just be aware that sometimes the compatibility list is not 100% accurate, make sure you get the 25 mm bore MC, here is a complete description on the part you mentioned:

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Fantastic - I will make sure to get the 25,4 size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone detail what they did to modify the GTI fluid tank to fit the 25.4mm master cylinder?

Do you just need to drill out the holes in the tabs to accept the larger bolt/stud?

Edit: For those that installed a new MC, did you bench bleed it before installing it? I have a Motive power bleeder that I plan to use.

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Can anyone detail what they did to modify the GTI fluid tank to fit the 25.4mm master cylinder?

Do you just need to drill out the holes in the tabs to accept the larger bolt/stud?

Edit: For those that installed a new MC, did you bench bleed it before installing it? I have a Motive power bleeder that I plan to use.

Mine came with the res, but from what I read, you only have to drill the hole bigger to fit the larger bolt.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

How did you bleed it, I can bench bleed mine but I think it will just be a mess and a hassle. Not sure if the power bleeder can do it alone.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Thanks!

How did you bleed it, I can bench bleed mine but I think it will just be a mess and a hassle. Not sure if the power bleeder can do it alone.

I bled mine with the brembo nipples on the calipers..... :p

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
So you installed the MC dry?

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

ViR

The Russian
SUCCESS!!!!

So I feel like an ass hat for all the crap I've posted and time spent trying to figure out how to improve the pedal feel. Today we got the bright idea to crack open the lines at the MC and low and behold AIR! How that happens after pushing all the fluid I've pushed through the system with the power bleeder is beyond me but pedal is good now. Just a light softness at engagement and then firms up like your pushing against a brick wall if you really stand on them. So I attribute my undetected union leak and air trapped in the MC for all my heart ache on this.

So I don't intend on going forward with the stand alone vacuum pump for the booster at this point. With this setup the brake pedal and the gas pedal seem to sit at the exact same height. I prefer the brake pedal to be just a bit higher so I'm probably going to 3D print a shim to it between the pedal and the locking clip for the booster push rod. I'll have to modify the clip a bit but no rush on all this. Right now I'm just happy to finally have what I was looking for with the feel of this pedal [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work! I'm happy for your success. Took 2 days to read 38 pages and it was very interesting.
Thanks to your research now I know that I dont want to go with your MC setup, too much hassle hahaha!

One question though, whats your rear setup? Toureg OE is bolt on or you had to get custom parts?

ViR

The Russian
Does anyone know if there will be any issues installing TTRS MC on stock GTI brakes?
I will have it shipped before the 18Z and was thinking to instead of right away..

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
You will have 30% less pedal travel and the pedal will be really firm, I would hold off on it.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Good work! I'm happy for your success. Took 2 days to read 38 pages and it was very interesting.
Thanks to your research now I know that I dont want to go with your MC setup, too much hassle hahaha!

One question though, whats your rear setup? Toureg OE is bolt on or you had to get custom parts?

He has the touareg rear 4 piston brakes with golfr rear calipers as ebrakes. Yoi have to use a special bracket. Ecs sells the dual calipee bracket kit.

drakore

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

I just put in my TTRS MC and reservoir and I tried to power bleed my lines but air is coming out through this on the reservoir (see picture).

How are you guys plugging that tube?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk