GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pairing Of Nokia Navigator to Excite Radio System

Brucet

Hi All,

My first post here. Just took delivery of a white 2.0 Golf 6 here in South Africa.

The first question I have is how do I pair the radio RCD510 Excite radio to my cell phone. I have folled the instruction booklet and have not had much success. If I push the phone button on the radio nothing is displayed. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thankyou,

Mick431

Ready to race!
i paired mine using the 'on board computer' (im not actualy sure what its called its the thing between the revometer and the speedometer. if you have this and the multi functional steering wheel then pairing it is very easy.

Brucet

Thank you for the reply.

I have a phone button on the radio but if I press it it just mutes the radio. The phone button on the steering wheel doesnt do anything. Could you do a step by step guide for me possibly?

Thank you.

Mick431

Ready to race!
it has nothing to do with the radio
u have to connect it 2 the car first

firstly make sure ur bluetooth is on on ur phone and your fone is 'visible'

then using the buttons on ur steering wheel go across to the Phone page on the computer which is beside ur speedometer

then hit connect and accept this on your fone

from then on it will tell you what to do

(all of this is assuming urs is the same setup as mine, hopethis helps)

Brucet

Thank you. I think thats the problem, I dont have a telephone function listed. Unfortunately because the Golf6 has just been released here the dealers dont know what they are talking about so its not always possible to get the correct information.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Mick431

Ready to race!
yes i think it helped that the dealer here sat and talked me through doing it. sorry i couldnt help