GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iphone issue! help!!

keanubear

Ready to race!
I just got my Golf TDI today and am loving it. The premium 8 stereo is nice, and works good for a little while, when all of a sudden it asks if I want to activate bluetooth audio. I select 'no' but then the audio stops playing. The data/info is still shown on the screen but there is no sound.

If I unplug the iphone and plug it back in, it works but then in a song or two, up comes the "activate bluetooth audio" and there goes the sound.

I don't want to use bluetooth audio, I want to keep the iphone plugged in.

What do I do?

SMkVGTI

Ready to race!
I just got my Golf TDI today and am loving it. The premium 8 stereo is nice, and works good for a little while, when all of a sudden it asks if I want to activate bluetooth audio. I select 'no' but then the audio stops playing. The data/info is still shown on the screen but there is no sound.

If I unplug the iphone and plug it back in, it works but then in a song or two, up comes the "activate bluetooth audio" and there goes the sound.

I don't want to use bluetooth audio, I want to keep the iphone plugged in.

What do I do?

Two ways:
1) Turn the Bluetooth radio on your iPhone to "off" to avoid the message.
2) Pair the iPhone in Bluetooth call receive mode (VW UHV) to avoid the activate Bluetooth audio message.

keanubear

Ready to race!
Thanks for getting back to me...

1. I cannot find anywhere on the iphone where I can disable bluetooth music, or radio, or anything. Just bluetooth on and off.

2. It says VW UHV under the bluetooth settings on my iphone. I can receive calls quite nicely. But it still stops the music from playing.

keanubear

Ready to race!
Here is a better description of the issue from another forum...

2) "Enable bluetooth audio?" Every *single* time I get into the car. I plugged it into the MDI, do you *think* I want to use bluetooth audio?

But here is my favourite scenario: I get into the car, plug in the MDI, turn on the unit and it starts playing. Awesome, I start driving, then up comes the "Enable bluetooth audio?" screen and mutes the unit until I hit "cancel". At this point the unit keeps playing but the sound never returns. The only solution is to putz around, unplug the iPhone, plug it back in, and carry on.

So plug in, turn on, wait for "enable bluetooth", hit cancel, unplug, plug back in. Seriously? This is the process I have to do in order to listen to anything? And I need to do this every single time I turn the ignition key?!?!

:cry::iono:

keanubear

Ready to race!
solved!

OK... found a solution.

So, when it asks to enable bluetooth... say yes.

Then, the music stops... on the iphone there is an icon at the bottom the screen, hit that, it gives you 2 options. One is the bluetooth, one is the media cable. Choose media cable and you are done.

It's kind of awkward though. I hope vw fixes this.

rikemomo

thanks...

thanks for the tip! this issue was driving me crazy, as well. I just got the car, which I love, on Friday, but honestly, I was really looking forward to this new stereo and all the tech in it. I am also noticing that if I have a CD in the player, I have to plug/unplug the iPod to get the MDI to "notice" it. I hope this was a one time thing, but I doubt it.

I have an old iPod around that I was going to use but I am glad that there seems to be a workaround for that issue; I had seen the bluetooth logo on the iPhone when playing but didn't think about switching it up.

Now, if they would just update the head unit so I could actually use the phonebook with the "phone" button instead of just having the system mute, we'd be set!

m!ke

poissonish

This is still an issue on the 2011. I have noticed however that using iPhone via MDI, an a different phone via Bluetooth, this issue doesn't happen. So, I get the impression that the issue could be with the iPhone OS.

Also, if you leave the iPhone connected to MDI and turn off the car to fill gas or something, you can't turn the engine on with the phone connected. It causes a similar issue, but slightly different behaviour.

Obviously most folks use the iPhone as their phone, I only noticed because I was testing some new phones out for work.

Please fix this VW.

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
This is still an issue on the 2011. I have noticed however that using iPhone via MDI, an a different phone via Bluetooth, this issue doesn't happen. So, I get the impression that the issue could be with the iPhone OS.
I've had the same problem with an iPhone on a rented 2011 Mustang Convertible (short review: impractical fun), so it's something that Apple needs to fix or at least handle more gracefully.

poissonish

Wonder if 4.1 fixes this issue? Have heard it brings AVRCP profile to allow for skipping tracks via BT. Which I wouldn't need if this other issue didn't exist.

keanubear

Ready to race!
I figured out the solution...

You need to wait to plug the phone into the MDI until the bluetooth light is green. Once the phones bluetooth is on and working for the phone, you can plug into the mdi and it will be on dock connector.

My issue now is the stereo putting a break in between every single song.

AlphaGypsy

Ready to race!
iOS 4.1 doesn't fix anything. I have the same problem with mine. Only solution I've found is just to click the blue speaker button near the volume slider on the phone and choose headphones or MDI if that's what you are using. I personally can't stand how slow the MDI system is so I just use the audio in line.

loopless1

Ready to race!
I have found the best solution is to get a hard disk based iPod , put all your music on it, and leave it permanently connected by MDI in the center console. I think that combo works great except for the sluggish MDI interface, but then I just leave it on random play.

Then just use your iPhone as a phone ( and get the 9W7 upgrade if you have a 2010!)

lhtravassos

I wish I was you

Dear friend,

I just got my Jetta 2010/11 from the dealer and my iPhone 4 can't find the audio system. Actually it did once but the pairing was not successful. After that, I just does not see the handsfree or audio systems. I'm really frustrated...I tested a 3GS and got the same. No detection...Now, I'm wondering if the issue is not in the RCD 510 Premium 8 system.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Leo