GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 tune vs stock youtube video breakdown

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Aside from the performance gains, does anyone have the fuel gain/loss after Stg1? APR claimed you get better fuel consumption but unless they tuned it so when your not getting on it hard you end up conserving more fuel, I don't see how else your gonna save more fuel by pushing the motor harder? Anyone got numbers on that?
Thanks.

I've seen a slight fuel efficiency increase when going tuned with both APR and Revo. Just like stock, fuel efficiency depends on how you drive. When tuned, boost is increased, which CAN mean that you need to apply less throttle for the same acceleration. Gas mileage depends more on throttle application (think of your gas pedal as an MPG pedal, the more you push it, the worse it gets), than boost on the engine. So in that respect, if you're gentle and don't drive like an idiot, you'll find the car can do slightly better. Most people drive the car the same as stock because it's so much faster. Then you won't see an improvement at all.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I've seen a slight fuel efficiency increase when going tuned with both APR and Revo. Just like stock, fuel efficiency depends on how you drive. When tuned, boost is increased, which CAN mean that you need to apply less throttle for the same acceleration. Gas mileage depends more on throttle application (think of your gas pedal as an MPG pedal, the more you push it, the worse it gets), than boost on the engine. So in that respect, if you're gentle and don't drive like an idiot, you'll find the car can do slightly better. Most people drive the car the same as stock because it's so much faster. Then you won't see an improvement at all.

This^ . However with the added power i think im actually driving slightly faster than i think i am since the torque is so much higher. Average 28 mpg highway, and this is with the occasional 6th gear apx 10 lbs boost to pass people. So im not exactly driving like a grandma to achieve those numbers.:thumbsup: