GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI 2.0t Transmission issues??

crklundt

Hey all, bear with me, while this is the first issue I've had with my first VW (2.0t DSG, 58,000 miles)...

Today I was driving, turned a corner and while my car downshifted, it did not slip back into gear. It revved up and would not catch a gear. I imagine it might be the transmission fluid and I am not totally sure how to check it. When my car is in park it is still able to roll, and when it is on and in R, D or S it makes a pretty gnarly clicking noise. Anyone had this issue or can maybe help he figure it out? I checked the forum and I can't seem to find someone who has had the same issue. Thanks guys, and like I said... bear with me... Not a huge car guy but hoping to learn more.
:confused::confused::confused:

*edit
upon further research... I purchased the car privately and at 43,000 miles. The DSG service is recommended at 40k miles... I assume that they did not get this done before selling it to me... So here is to hoping..

Last edited:
Hey all, bear with me, while this is the first issue I've had with my first VW (2.0t DSG, 58,000 miles)...

Today I was driving, turned a corner and while my car downshifted, it did not slip back into gear. It revved up and would not catch a gear. I imagine it might be the transmission fluid and I am not totally sure how to check it. When my car is in park it is still able to roll, and when it is on and in R, D or S it makes a pretty gnarly clicking noise. Anyone had this issue or can maybe help he figure it out? I checked the forum and I can't seem to find someone who has had the same issue. Thanks guys, and like I said... bear with me... Not a huge car guy but hoping to learn more.
:confused::confused::confused:

*edit
upon further research... I purchased the car privately and at 43,000 miles. The DSG service is recommended at 40k miles... I assume that they did not get this done before selling it to me... So here is to hoping..

You are most likely screwed... Good to change to a new gearbox

moe_dennawi

Hey Guys

i have an Mk6 R20
today i was driving normally on the highway then decided to lower a gear from the pedal shifts to pass by a car after lowering to the 2nd gear and rolled over him on the 3rd and slowd down by gearbox suddenly became neutral as if the car is on Neutral Mode , directly i changed to N then to D mode again and the gear box returned to its Normal Mode , this incident happened with me for the second time , on the first time one month ago ,
my Car Milage is 48 000
does it has to do anything with the transmission Fluid or Gear Adaptation

thank you for your response