GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
What stage are you? 30-95/100 mph is the strong zone for a stage 2, kinda surprised he hung close if you are in fact stage 2.

They can be pretty damn quick. I've become friends with a guy that has one after I ran him and beat up on him a little. He told me his list of mods, half of which I forget, but he said he's around 500hp.
When we ran, 3rd gear I walked away, 4th gear it turned into buses. He was dumbfounded.
I actually didn't talk to him the day I ran him, it was a couple weeks later we ended up at the same gas station and he came almost running up to me (scared the shit out of me, stranger running up at me lol) and said "What in the hell do you have in this thing, pop the hood!". After I figured out who he was, he let me in on what he had, and now he's looking at buying a Golf R and going BT :lol:

For my own story to add to this, I had the closest race to date since going K04, and of all cars, it was against a Mazda 3. No, not a Mazdaspeed 3, a Mazda 3 with a 2.5...though I guess I should mention he had some sort of turbo installed...:eek:

Seemed like a nice dude, he said he's at 305whp and they weigh a hair under 3000, I'm at 305whp in 3rd (313 in 4th) and weigh just a hair over 3000...He said he has a Garrett 5480, 5840, something that started with a 5 and had a 4 and an 8 in it :iono:
We ran from basically 30mph to 80 (all the road we had available) and it was dead even the whole way. He said that he felt like if he started in 3rd he'd have ended up pulling me at the end, but based on how the run was going, I think it would have stayed dead even.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I ran a new f-sport gs350 lexus on the highway. Wife and i were on the way to the mall and she was engulfed in bookface. I ran him up to 120 and let off the gas all the way. He caught up and i stomped it again caught him at about 135 and he wanted to keep pushing. I let him go, cant kill both my kids parents. I was stage 1 with dp.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Holy balls, I lost one :eek:

Doesn't happen too often, but I can't complain about this one. S55 AMG, supercharged version.

Two runs, first from 50-100 and then had to shut it down, we were dead even.
Second run was second gear, 20mph, he took the hit, I spun immediately and lost a car and a half to two cars on him, and then it was dead even until we shut down somewhere in the 130 range (I was well into 5th).

Checked specs, and we are nearly dead even power to weight.

S55 8.7755lbs per hp
Me 8.779lbs per hp

Sounds accurate. Damn FWD and it's incessant spinning in 2nd gear :D

Chris659

Ready to race!
I rarely run in to any fun cars and even when I do they never want to play

Got a MKVII R that wanted to show off Saturday morning getting on to the local highway. We both got on at the same time (me behind him) and had a clear path all the way up the ramp

This was my first time running a Golf R of any gen

It was fun hurting some feels first thing in the morning as I easily kept right with him without ever getting to WOT nor getting real close to Redline. It was easy to see he was butt hurt as he got way over and dropped almost 20mph once we merged on to the highway. Never would come anywhere close to me again as I slowed down hoping he would want to run again

Next time I wanna try a side by side to see how I do. This was from a dig and I spun a descent amount at first (have lsd)

I know he was stock but still... must’ve been a bad driver? He was really trying which made it all the more fun for me

How have you guys done against R’s?

Chris659

Ready to race!
Holy balls, I lost one :eek:

Doesn't happen too often, but I can't complain about this one. S55 AMG, supercharged version.

Two runs, first from 50-100 and then had to shut it down, we were dead even.
Second run was second gear, 20mph, he took the hit, I spun immediately and lost a car and a half to two cars on him, and then it was dead even until we shut down somewhere in the 130 range (I was well into 5th).

Checked specs, and we are nearly dead even power to weight.

S55 8.7755lbs per hp
Me 8.779lbs per hp

Sounds accurate. Damn FWD and it's incessant spinning in 2nd gear :D

Yeah you’d think as big and heavy as they are they’d be slower but they’re quick!!

GTI6891

My car is stock minus my Eurojet exhaust. Raced both a 350z and s2000 (both modded) From a 60 roll. Lost both races by at lest a car. I think it’s time for a tune

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Well... ran a camaro the other day... I’d say I kept up pretty good till 100... then he started pulling buses on me...

So... I got up to 150, radar detector went off like crazy, I slammed on my brakes and he kept pulling away...

5 seconds later... I see cops light... and I passed him on the side of the freeway being pulled over by the cops...

I guess that’s a win for me right? Lol

Oh btw, his plate was something like ZL1CIUS, so I googled it and figure out why I got my ass handed to me lol

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie
My car is stock minus my Eurojet exhaust. Raced both a 350z and s2000 (both modded) From a 60 roll. Lost both races by at lest a car. I think it’s time for a tune

Even at stage 2 I'd be reluctant to start racing anyone at 60 (unless it's something comparable). With our ko3 the instant boost is our friend but we pay the price up top. Ideal range 30-90, maybe 100. Hit it early, hit it quick then shut it down before they pass you lol.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Well... ran a camaro the other day... I’d say I kept up pretty good till 100... then he started pulling buses on me...

So... I got up to 150, radar detector went off like crazy, I slammed on my brakes and he kept pulling away...

5 seconds later... I see cops light... and I passed him on the side of the freeway being pulled over by the cops...

I guess that’s a win for me right? Lol

Oh btw, his plate was something like ZL1CIUS, so I googled it and figure out why I got my ass handed to me lol

This makes me want to invest in a good radar detector.... lol. Never trusted them in the past but i guess they work.

Was is a newer camaro? ZL1 are beasts lol

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
This makes me want to invest in a good radar detector.... lol. Never trusted them in the past but i guess they work.

Was is a newer camaro? ZL1 are beasts lol

Yes it was the 2018 ZL1, not really a fan of American muscle car so I didn’t know, it was like a rocket ship !!

Google says they make 600+ hp stock lol

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yes it was the 2018 ZL1, not really a fan of American muscle car so I didn’t know, it was like a rocket ship !!

Google says they make 600+ hp stock lol

Yup, I believe its the LT4 from the new Corvette Z06... 6.2l v8 supercharged. No joke at all

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Laser will still kill you detector or not but at least you will get the other ones

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is very true.

I have the valentine one, eventhough it will detect laser, it is usually too late when it goes off for laser, the cop already clocked you.

clownish

just clowning around
This is very true.

I have the valentine one, eventhough it will detect laser, it is usually too late when it goes off for laser, the cop already clocked you.

Yea, the only good thing about the laser detector on a V1 is if he shoots someone else first and it happens to see it, then you might have a chance to slow down beforehand. :laugh:

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Yea, the only good thing about the laser detector on a V1 is if he shoots someone else first and it happens to see it, then you might have a chance to slow down beforehand. :laugh:

IKR, that had happened to me so many times, thats why I try to keep off the fast lane and NEVER be the fastest car on the road.