Anyone running the VWR cup kit?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
I never followed up, but he's logged on recently...just send him a PM

Or pair them with the Koni STr.T's (which are softer) or the Koni Sports (which can be soft and then adjusted firmer from there)

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I guess I should post an update now that this is back from the dead and I've had the setup for 2 years and 45k miles.

I have regrets. Ride quality sucks now - FSDs are designed for OE springs and that's it. Get Koni Yellows or Bilstein Sports.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
If you want to get the most out of FSDs you probably want to stick with stock springs. Due to how they function you might not trip the "soft" valving unless there's enough bump travel. If you're not running bumpstops shortened by the amount the springs lower the car the valving may always use the firm valving. Then if you do run shorter stops they will have to be far more firm, so big bumps that use the soft valving will lead to a crashy, harsh ride because the stops ramp up the rate far more quickly than the stock stops.

If you want to go a bit lower and still want a smooth ride your best bet is probably a set of Neuspeed Bilstein Sports, and if that's still not soft enough you'll have to find a tuner that can revalve them to suit your needs.

Thankfully Bilsteins are more or less designed and supported with this kind of customization in mind.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
This kit is actually a pretty kicking deal. The trivalve shocks usually go for 549 and springs for 279...