GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

out with the old

TrboGTi

Ready to race!
In with the new. I decided to trade my 2004 tornado red gti with gt2871r meth injection and full supporting mods in on this beauty:

I don't even want to tell ya'll what I paid for it because it would make you sick, but let's just say that the mods that I got for free are worth about as much as I paid. I dang near stole this one. With only 38000 on the clock, and considering that my 2004 had been rode hard and put up wet, I came out very good on it. The 1st owner of the car was a shop in FL who bought it for a project car, and they did everything up right. If I would have modded it it would have more power but wouldn't be NEAR this nice.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

TrboGTi

Ready to race!
Thanks, I sure do like it. I figure I'm one ko4 away from being done with it. It's disgusting what that turbo does for this engine. On the 1.8t, you got a ko4 if you wanted 215whp lol.

ehancock

Ready to race!
What does it have done? The mk5 R wheels look great on there!

TrboGTi

Ready to race!
What does it have done? The mk5 R wheels look great on there!
Everything in my sig plus lots of little custom touches. For instance, all LED interior lighting, chrome GTI badge on seat lever, Forge shift knob, euro switch, etc. I keep finding more and more every day. It seems like it has about everything that you can do to a gti done to it up to stage 2. The only thing i'm concerned about is the Eurocharged tune.....never heard of them. I contacted the shop in FL that did the work (FS-tuning) and they say it made 248whp and 310wtrq. I'm going to have to get it on a local dyno and see what the A/F looks like. I thought about trying out GIAC's most aggressive tune but then again APR headquarters is just an hour away.

Last edited:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Looks like you got a good one. All the performance mods are not for me, because of the issues/lack of warranty possibilities, but you have a 2010 so you were probably out of warranty anyway. But aftermarket items can be more prone to have issues.

But since the mods were installed professionally, your issues, if any, should be limited.

Are the wheels 17's? I like 18's, but yours are different so they look pretty good.

Best of luck, nice car.

TrboGTi

Ready to race!
Looks like you got a good one. All the performance mods are not for me, because of the issues/lack of warranty possibilities, but you have a 2010 so you were probably out of warranty anyway. But aftermarket items can be more prone to have issues.

But since the mods were installed professionally, your issues, if any, should be limited.

Are the wheels 17's? I like 18's, but yours are different so they look pretty good.

Best of luck, nice car.
Thanks. The wheels are 18s. It still technically has a little bit of warranty left but unless it's something crazy like the transmission falling out, I'm not even going to bother. I hope I don't have to start wrenching on it for a long time, but if i need to I'm prepared.

TrboGTi

Ready to race!