GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tested this? H2Sport fuel pump upgrade!

A3SBQ

Ready to race!

07STitoR

Ready to race!
Probably because its $500 and a cam follower is only $50 but then again if you change it every 15k its worth it long term.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Thanks guys.
Do you know the company?

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys.
Do you know the company?

I have never dealt with that company, but I will say this...there is a guy with a Mk5 who has over 100,000 miles with the roller follower setup. There is a thread about it somewhere, possibly on Mk5 forums or tex...

edit: I will add that I have not yet heard of anyone with a CRZA (Golf R) engine running the roller follower. Maybe someone is now though.

theitguy6

I have never dealt with that company, but I will say this...there is a guy with a Mk5 who has over 100,000 miles with the roller follower setup. There is a thread about it somewhere, possibly on Mk5 forums or tex...

edit: I will add that I have not yet heard of anyone with a CRZA (Golf R) engine running the roller follower. Maybe someone is now though.

I sent a friend of mine this link and he said this looks like a updated version of this roller system from the last time he saw it.

Given that he immediately said he'd do the work to install it on my car tells me that if you had the $455 and the time for your car to be down, go for it. This friend is really big sticking with only VW OEM parts and not modifying them so he would not have said he would install it if he though it was a bad idea.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I sent a friend of mine this link and he said this looks like a updated version of this roller system from the last time he saw it.

Given that he immediately said he'd do the work to install it on my car tells me that if you had the $455 and the time for your car to be down, go for it. This friend is really big sticking with only VW OEM parts and not modifying them so he would not have said he would install it if he though it was a bad idea.

I think the Mk5 guy with 100,000 miles on a roller was in the Vancouver, Canada area -- I think one of the major tuners there did the work. Don't quote me on that :)

In the other thread on this, people expressed concern that the roller setup had never been done on a CRZA cam. I'm not sure what the differences are between the CRZA cam and a Mk5 FSI cam (maybe nothing?) but that was the discussion there. And -- the concern may not be with the cam -- it may be with something else timing-related or fuel-related...