GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Turn for the Water Pump Failure

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Getting this revision: 06j-121-026-bb

Anyone with the same one?

Yes, Had that exact one put on 10K miles ago, my car is being towed again, to have another one put on.

Guess the "new version" is crap too. The "New" model pump is plastic. I asked the Mechanic that installed my new one.

Jeff

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I think the reason VW doesn't take the necessary steps to prevent/amend manufacturing defects such as the pump failures is simply because it is the largest car company in the world. Same concept as a monopoly. Whether they do their best or not, the money's still gonna keep coming in. So, why do their best?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
My father showed me some kind of list of the most reputable companies (not just car companies) in the world, as far as overall customer satisfaction is concerned. Pretty much every single car company besides land rover and jaguar were ahead of VW.

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Yes, Had that exact one put on 10K miles ago, my car is being towed again, to have another one put on.

Guess the "new version" is crap too. The "New" model pump is plastic. I asked the Mechanic that installed my new one.

Jeff

I assume VW is paying for your tow?

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I assume VW is paying for your tow?

Yes, VW is paying for the Tow. Thank Goodness. Can you imagine how much that would have been? Towing the Car 100 miles? $500 or so?

Im just dissapointed right now.

My Dad said something jokingly when my car was being towed the other day...

"Jeff, you know your car reminds me of a Wife that keeps on cheating, even though she says she sorry, You just cant trust her anymore" haha

The look on my Moms Face :yikes:

My Dad is just crazy funny so Blessed to have them.

HaHa

Jeff

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Yes, VW is paying for the Tow. Thank Goodness. Can you imagine how much that would have been? Towing the Car 100 miles? $500 or so?

Im just dissapointed right now.

My Dad said something jokingly when my car was being towed the other day...

"Jeff, you know your car reminds me of a Wife that keeps on cheating, even though she says she sorry, You just cant trust her anymore" haha

The look on my Moms Face :yikes:

My Dad is just crazy funny so Blessed to have them.

HaHa

Jeff

Funny story lol.

So do you have to pay the towing company first to be reimbursed by VW? Just trying to plan in advance :)

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Funny story lol.

So do you have to pay the towing company first to be reimbursed by VW? Just trying to plan in advance :)

I didn't pay anything. No money up front nothing like that. VW covered everything.

That is a blessing. That can add up very quick.

Jeff

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Cool! Did you just have to call road side assistance or your dealer?

I had to call road side assistance. They were very nice. The whole "experience" wasn't bad, everyone from VW is very kind and nice, but the problem is having a new car with 22k miles on it being towed to the dealer 2x's for water pump failures, PLUS myself driving the 100 miles to the dealer for the leaking valve cover, leaking crank angle sensor, and alignment.

As much as I like to drive this GTI and all, it just worries me. When will the next failure hit? Will I be in LA on the 5 freeway going to Disney and it fails? Will I be pulling the Grapevine here in California and it fails? Will I be passing a Semi when the coil pack fails? I mean, not that I want to sound like a worry wart, but I have lost my confidence in this vehicle. That is what concerns me.

So I am on the fence, to dump it, and take a loss most likely, or keep it and cross my fingers. :23:

Just not a good position to me, in either case. Sucks.

Jeff

ducatiti

Ready to race!
I had to call road side assistance. They were very nice. The whole "experience" wasn't bad, everyone from VW is very kind and nice, but the problem is having a new car with 22k miles on it being towed to the dealer 2x's for water pump failures, PLUS myself driving the 100 miles to the dealer for the leaking valve cover, leaking crank angle sensor, and alignment.

As much as I like to drive this GTI and all, it just worries me. When will the next failure hit? Will I be in LA on the 5 freeway going to Disney and it fails? Will I be pulling the Grapevine here in California and it fails? Will I be passing a Semi when the coil pack fails? I mean, not that I want to sound like a worry wart, but I have lost my confidence in this vehicle. That is what concerns me.

So I am on the fence, to dump it, and take a loss most likely, or keep it and cross my fingers. :23:

Just not a good position to me, in either case. Sucks.

Jeff

I put my car up on Craigslist as a feeler :thumbsup:

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, I have been thinking of trading in the car. Where I live, this car isn't very popular, I would be better off going to the city and trading. Problem is, on what?

I thought about going back to an Evo before they are all gone, but the Evo X and me just didn't get along, I had a 2012 Evo X and just never really liked it as much as my 8 and 2 9's I had.

The STi or WRX, look like they were beaten with the Ugly Stick :paddle:

The Focus ST? They have Turbo and Tranny Issues

I mean what else is there? In the semi affordable performance car world, there isn't really anything like the GTI.

Sad to say I was thinking of just gooing simple and getting a new Elantra Limited, and save up for a used Evo 9 or something for a car to Mod.

Im just on the fence. :23:

Jeff

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I found a video online about the water pump. May give some folks some insight about the pump itself?

I am not sure how to post the video but will put the link here and update it.

Jeff

Last edited:

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
If someone can please remind me on how to embed the youtube video? I just do that once in a blue moon and keep forgetting the code.

Thanks.

Jeff