GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modshacks carbonio bracket solution

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
More info?

Where does this exactly go?

On the battery tray. Let me go snap a pic and upload it.

Last edited:

Halvie

WOOSA
anyone know what size screws are needed to screw the carbonio into the grille area? Dropped one, and need to get a replacement.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
anyone know what size screws are needed to screw the carbonio into the grille area? Dropped one, and need to get a replacement.

I know its the same size as the belly pan guard (can't think of the correct name off the top of my head right now).

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
And you guys are saying this reduces pedal vibrations?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
I think that's the idea. I assume it pushes off the brake cylinder?

Exactly! It gives the rear of the air box much needed support.
Also raises the stage 2 pipe off of the brake reservoir cap.
That causes the vibrations everyone feels.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion

#6 or #8 sheet metal screw should work. #6 may be a touch on the small side.

Goods Idea Modshack :) , may need to make something like this.

mark986

Ready to race!
Weird that there is so much variation on how many spacers to use. Any comment from ModShack?

There's more variation due to different installs in terms of how much of the intake pipe is in the rubber coupler. APR suggested people were putting them to far in and as a result causing your brake peddle vibration. I didn't really have any vibration to begin with, but put the support for extra protection.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I went to a hardware store and made my own using Modshack's method. It doesn't look as good as Modshack's off course but it does the job. I added more cushion on the metal bar and reducing the spacer length to even it out. My intake pipe was sitting on the brake line, but I didn't feel any vibration. There's no difference in the pedal feel before and after the bracket. But I did see a lil mark on the intake pipe and the break line from contacts so I did it for extra protection.