GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe Install Pricing?

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
So got the resonator put back on.....this thing is back to stock quiet (exaggerating a bit) but yeah, so the NEXT and FINAL move, get belugas catback system, install a bottle resonator on the mid pipe and it should be the perfect amount of loudness and quietness...hopefully .....aannnnnndddd if not sucks to be me but I'm done changing the exhaust around after that lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So got the resonator put back on.....this thing is back to stock quiet (exaggerating a bit) but yeah, so the NEXT and FINAL move, get belugas catback system, install a bottle resonator on the mid pipe and it should be the perfect amount of loudness and quietness...hopefully .....aannnnnndddd if not sucks to be me but I'm done changing the exhaust around after that lol
haha
I like the turbo back from beluga. IMO it is loud when you get on it and quiet when not on it. But as we have established im also a animal lol

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
So went to another 2 local shops today and yup they looked at this down pipe baffled, both charged me 300 & 350 to install an o2bung and instal whole down pipe...they also said it would take about 3 hours -_- so I'm going to safely assume these people don't know what they're doing when it comes to gti exhaust systems

if a shop takes 3 hours to install a downpipe, they need to close their doors and go back to working at Starbucks.

Joveen

Ready to race!
if a shop takes 3 hours to install a downpipe, they need to close their doors and go back to working at Starbucks.
Lmbo. You're right. It took me less than hour and hardest part was just nut on the turbo to the far left.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Lmbo. You're right. It took me less than hour and hardest part was just nut on the turbo to the far left.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
i had my mechanic do it and he charged me an hour of work. He said it went smooth and everything mated right up and fit well(took him in reality about 40 minutes with some pauses during to talk to other people or address something on another car.\)

Someone that does it often i would say could do it in 30 minutes assuming they dont have issues with the nuts.

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!
My guy had trouble getting those nuts off and cutting the right amount for the flanges, he tried "stretching" the holes originally before he decieded to cut part of the flange out, took him about 1 hr and 45 for the whole thing I'd say...he also had to wield the 02bung, oem catback to midpipe bc my oem clamps were just too rusted

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
My guy had trouble getting those nuts off and cutting the right amount for the flanges, he tried "stretching" the holes originally before he decieded to cut part of the flange out, took him about 1 hr and 45 for the whole thing I'd say...he also had to wield the 02bung, oem catback to midpipe bc my oem clamps were just too rusted
2 hours (roughly) seems alright imo especially with all the welding and modifications needed.