GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI Depreciation

murdoch13

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone, fresh to this forum and wanted to start by saying hello!

Now I know I won't be owning my "dream car" in the near future, but I plan on owning a 2010 GTI by the end of next summer (2013). I have been doing a bit of shopping around online and am seeing that pricing for the 2010's ranges from 20-26k. Just so I have a bit of a ballpark on how much I will be spending (going to pay cash), what do you guys think the cars will be worth by next year?

I hope this isn't too specific a question,

Thanks!!

p.s I'm in Ontario, Canada and I know pricing differs from the states.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
how much are the 2009's going for now?? ;)

murdoch13

Passed Driver's Ed
is that really the best gauge to see what they will cost next year? Didn't realize it was that easy :p

Thanks haha

fallengod

Passed Driver's Ed
Even the 2010 now in the states are around between $19k-21k for a 4dr DSG...

I ended up importing an 2011 back in march for $22k..end up costing me $25.8k all in to get it plated and on the road

when i was buying the 2010 4dr dsg are still in the high $28kish and a 2011 was over $30k used!

and that before taxes!

Last edited:

murdoch13

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh wow, so what is a good estimate of what they will be priced at next September? Trying to budget this all out this summer (I'm a university student, and need to know where I can cut back on spending)

fallengod

Passed Driver's Ed
The GTI take very little depreciation hit compare to most car... I see 2008 GTI still go for over $21k back in March this year in ontario, and very good condition one were going for $23k! (all after taxes price)

considering a new 2008 gti is almost $40k fully loaded... in 5 year time... the car hardly fell below 50% of it price!