GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unofficial APR Stage 2 Thread- All Things APR Stage 2 Related

allset

Go Kart Champion

allset

Go Kart Champion
Received the P0088 Fault today, still don't know of any solution for that fault in these cars so I just cleared it. If it comes back I'm taking it to the dealership, I'm 50 miles away from 50k in this car. :(

oh boy, did u get any noticeable power increase right after clearing it?

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Yea,
As always.

The one thing I've wondered. Did you typically get that fault when the weather was warmer? It seemed to happen recently when we finally hit 90-100 degrees outside.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Yea,
As always.

The one thing I've wondered. Did you typically get that fault when the weather was warmer? It seemed to happen recently when we finally hit 90-100 degrees outside.

man u have the issue i had. i would get it every 2 weeks. hot or cold.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Went stage 2 this weekend. No issues so far (put about 200 miles on the tune); hope it stays this way!

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Cleaned my Carbonio day before yesterday, I was cautious to let it dry completely and to not oil too heavily. Drove fine all day yesterday and then today, it stalled twice on the way home from the gym. I assumed dirty MAF so I cleaned it with some MAF specific cleaner and allowed to dry and reinstalled, took it for a drive and it was fine. Went to a movie tonight and it sputtered when I first started it, then when I went to drive home from the movies it did it again so I turned it off and unplugged the MAF. It's about a 10 minute drive home from there and about halfway home at a stoplight the car was idling very funny. It would slowly go up to about 2000-2500 and then drop below 1k, and continue doing so.

Not sure what this means, so far no codes are thrown except for the CEL I have right now for having the MAF unplugged

So far I've had the Throttle body replaced on this car, the Intake sensor, Intake Manifold, and PCV system (car is 3 years old). I'm at 53k miles

cbs_24

Ready to race!
I want to take my stock CBFA stage 2. Does a cheap ebay downpipe exist for my engine like it does for the CCTA?

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
Q- How do we know what software version is installed on our ECU? Where is there, if any, information regarding the differences between v1.x v.2.x etc... Thanks!

finallyamused

Ready to race!
I want to take my stock CBFA stage 2. Does a cheap ebay downpipe exist for my engine like it does for the CCTA?

You can always buy the godspeed and have a second bung welded on, shouldn't cost that much from a mechanic shop...

allset

Go Kart Champion
Q- How do we know what software version is installed on our ECU? Where is there, if any, information regarding the differences between v1.x v.2.x etc... Thanks!

Apr can tell u

sskamboj

Ready to race!
I've been plagued with the P0088 code as well.

Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have it looked at. Wrote down all the causes and solutions I've found in this thread to give them to look over.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
So it seems that the P0088 is relatively common on Stage II cars...has anyone found a definitive solution? From the looks of this thread, it would seem not...

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Still having issues with my stage 2. Bad mileage, fluctuating power. I just replaced PCV and cleaned MAF. Also reset ecu. Seemed to help power delivery but mileage has actually gotten worse! Whats weird is last two days, go to leave in morning for work and Car starts right up but everything was reset like battery died.

My point: I do not have VAGCOM. I have played with the Torque app. It shows no codes. Even though airbag (stereo install) and TPMS lights are on. Will VAGCOM show something torque doesnt. My assumption is yes.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Still having issues with my stage 2. Bad mileage, fluctuating power. I just replaced PCV and cleaned MAF. Also reset ecu. Seemed to help power delivery but mileage has actually gotten worse! Whats weird is last two days, go to leave in morning for work and Car starts right up but everything was reset like battery died.

My point: I do not have VAGCOM. I have played with the Torque app. It shows no codes. Even though airbag (stereo install) and TPMS lights are on. Will VAGCOM show something torque doesnt. My assumption is yes.

Bad battery? Or loose battery cable? If you have a loose cable your battery is probably bad.

Follow APRs guide and log you car with vagcom to help diagnose what is happening in your car.