GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just picked up a golf r!

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
So I sold my ko4 gti and now I just picked up a 2013 golf r. I'm definitely going with a UM tune from experiencing the R's power with that tune.

Just wanted to ask you guys what I should look out for and what may need upgrading first.

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
Look for VWR Springs, maybe new Shocks (depending on how many miles are on the old ones) larger sway bars, and an intake. There are many intakes on the market. Your mileage may vary. I have Neuspeed, and am quite happy with it. Also a short shift kit is a must. I like the DieselGeek one.
I've had theirs on both my 337, and now my R.

Sent from the ether.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
Thanks, it has 29k on it. I actually just bought a neuspeed intake so I'm happy to hear good things.

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
Thanks, it has 29k on it. I actually just bought a neuspeed intake so I'm happy to hear good things.
Is "happy to hear good things" a pun?
I really like the intake sound of my Pflo!

Sent from the ether.

jlk250

I'm a relatively new R owner myself. Read up on cam followers, buy a spare, and check yours. I bought mine used with similar miles and the cam follower was heavily worn. It had an APR HPFP since new though.

As for mods, various VCDS tweaks and a short shifter have been great improvements.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
So I sold my ko4 gti and now I just picked up a 2013 golf r. I'm definitely going with a UM tune from experiencing the R's power with that tune.

Just wanted to ask you guys what I should look out for and what may need upgrading first.
Congratulations!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
awesome thanks. coming from a ko4 mk6 gti...Ive always liked the golf R better. really excited to have awd

radplaid

congrats I just got my 13R about 2 months ago, coming from a GLI. good trade up I say haha. definitely find someone with a vcds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
2 quick questions

How Durable is our clutch? will it hold for a stage 1 tune?

Also coming from a TSI we don't know to much about the FSI HPFP....do I need to upgrade it? What pump do most go with?