GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convince my gf to tune her R

GTITX1

Ready to race!
Safe yourself the future hassle, and don't do anything. Let your wife enjoy her car however she wants to do it.

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
This is my advice. In Idiot-Proof steps

1. Identify birthdate of girlfriend
2. Borrow car approximately 1 week before hand.
3. Go to shop and have reflashed
4. Place into stock mode drive home
5. On birthday at appropriate time. Place car into 91/93 mode
6. Purchase a necklace or other item as a backup gift in case of backfire.
7. Inform her that you flashed her car for her birthday. She will appreciate your thoughtful desire to ensure she has adequate horsepower.

8. Since it is car related gift I recommend adding cute little Puma driving shoes for her that way she has no excuse about the clutch matter as she has perfect shoes for clutch work.

Wow, Investing this much money into a Girlfriends stock R?
Instead, I think You should Take the Money and buy yourself a New Clutch and Stage 2.
It's a Win Win.
You're Happy because you have More Power, She's Happy because She doesn't want her R manhandled.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Since it's your GF, if you have the $$$ to fix her car after it is tuned... then sure do it otherwise I wouldn't touch it cause if something goes wrong and you can't fix it she will leave you for someone that can or has the $$$ to fix it.

I'm in a different situation since I had some GTI parts left over after selling my GTI including a K04.

So I told my wife that I was just getting her VW CC serviced and a tune up

Instead I
-had the K04 installed with APR software
-installed APR intercooler
-installed B&B downpipe
-installed VF DogBone instert
-installed thicker rear sway bar
-installed Stoptech pads

She never realised all the changes I did on the car after she drove it
-if anything since the Ko4 characteristics where different from the oe K03 combined with the stock DSG... the car felt slower to her at part throttle
- so I said just push the gas all the way down... and she LOVES it!!!

Since then I added a Gold Coast Body kit along with the Neuspeed RSE14 wheels from my GTI, Unitronic DSG software, and most importantly a hardwired radar detector since she has gotten pulled over at least once a month since doing the above mods (but has gotten out of every ticket)

ian dummy

Ready to race!
My wife has a golf R. She has told me I cannot go any further with my Golf R (I'm 2+ with a bunch of other mods) until she gets at least stage 2.

Just tell your gf you will maintain the car for her if she mods it. Make sure she know you will help her if it has issues. Show her how few people actually have issues.

If she wants to talk to another female golf R owner, I bet my wife would chat with her. PM me if she wants to do that. My wife loves driving my stage 2+ and complains hers is "slow" after driving mine...

pjung23551

Ready to race!
go to a reputable shop and you should not have issues with your ECU.

plus. you need to boost that R if she plans on beating other chicken heads to the yearly sale

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Tell her the new golf r comes with stage 1 stock, then show her the new horsepower numbers. If she doesnt look too far into it, you got yourself a tuned golf r bra.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
just take it for for and do it. best suprise she'll ever have

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
This video should do the trick, women need to relate to the idea of other women tuners..this will make it look like getting a tune is you settling for less. It shows you can still be a hot chick and be into cars too which hopefully subliminally she'll pick up on. Goodluck..

Typical woman driver, didn't disengage the e-brake til she was done driving haha