GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 R Vs. Megane RS250

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Finally! I spot one of these fine Renault Sport Megane RS250 on a highway entry. for those who are not familiar with the car; that's THE best FWD platform on the market with a true limited slip diff, reinforced clutch and racing brakes stock, equipped with a 2.0T 250+bhp, 350Nm (it beats Ford focuses RS (300bhp) on a track).
He's cruising at about 100kph; I catch up and stay behind him at 2-3 cars length, he spots me and it's immediately on!:thumbup:
the distance stays practically the same with some traffic to avoid ... we stop on a light, then floor it, I put 2 cars on him (AWD) and then the gap stays the same, but there's still lot of traffic:(

We give each other a thumb up and part our way...
It wasn't much but this was definitely a worthy opponent car I wanted to run before going stage 1, looking forward to some more:rolleyes:

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Damn I wish we had Renaults here in the US.
I agree it is ugly as hell haha but it is one quick car, built for the track.
I would love to take one for a spin.

Alex_GTi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure about in the Middle East, but here they are priced around the same. MYR212,000 (Golf GTi) vs. MYR230,000 (RS250). Friends ran against some of the Megane RS250s last time in Sepang. Golfs were moderately tuned (ie. stage 1, CAI, anti-roll bars). Good fight, but the GTIs won that day! :happyanim:

golfmark

The Megane RS250 is not really a competitor to the Golf R it's more so a GTI competitor.However,the RSM250 easily beats the GTI in performance track tests,you will notice that most international reviews have either the Scirocco R or the Golf R going up against the Renault.It's amazing how Renault managed to develop a very capable track car with everyday comfort considering it has a rear torsion bar!
Bluefin have also released a re-flash for the Megane that will give it 300hp and 407 NM of torque.