GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To the people outside the US - what intake choices?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I am looking into buying an intake for my car, i don't want the traditional red intake on a pipe thing and i need something dyno proven.

Due to differences between the euro and US MAF configuration, not all intakes will work.

I really wanted Forge's Twintake, but they don't make any for the euro models and they don't seem too worried about the Euro market, even though there is much demand, people in the middle east (euro spec german cars) buy more makeup and car parts than anyone else lol

I like APR's carbonio and trust them for what they sell, but i want the intake mostly for sound and the corbonio is kinda quiet, which is what many other people want, performance with little noise.

Are there any other options that i am not aware of?

Thanks for any input!

rodga

Passed Driver's Ed
i know the revo guys here in south africa are providing the itg intake, might be worth a look

how much is r tails in qatar??

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I really wanted Forge's Twintake, but they don't make any for the euro models and they don't seem too worried about the Euro market

Heartcoreboy, I am pretty sure this is a false statement. Forge is based in Europe if I'm not mistaken. The euro spec stuff usually comes out before the us spec stuff. I'd PM mike@forge and ask him to be sure. Don't go by their website because it didn't have the us spec tsi catch can on there but I just ordered one from mike.

JP

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
i know the revo guys here in south africa are providing the itg intake, might be worth a look

how much is r tails in qatar??

That's what i am going to search around for today..!

Heartcoreboy, I am pretty sure this is a false statement. Forge is based in Europe if I'm not mistaken. The euro spec stuff usually comes out before the us spec stuff. I'd PM mike@forge and ask him to be sure. Don't go by their website because it didn't have the us spec tsi catch can on there but I just ordered one from mike.

JP

I have been told that by Mike@Forge, i have also read in one of there previous threads about this issue, if they tell me the twintake won't throw a CEL, they will have my money.

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with any US intake that doesn't change the backpipe, e.g. our stage I Car-bone-E-O

:)

Oh hi Evan, So far, that's my favorite available option...the CAR-BONE-YO is installed like everywhere around the globe lol

Evan, you guys on a pronunciation campaign? lol

JP

:laugh::laugh: