GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG issues

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Yesterday I was going to the track with some friends and I pulled up to the light and one of my friends wanted to race off the line

I did a launch control and my car took off like a bat out of hell and my rpm
Shot up to 8,000!!!! And then the power just cut and it felt like it hit a wall and then the power came back and they car kept pulling hard and everything was normal.

Any idea what happened there?

And I tried launch control again to see what happened and it did the same thing

Other than that nothing else happened with the car

It drove fine, cruised fine, I did I couple of highway runs with some friends and the cars performance was spot on

Some people said it may have been the tires spinning so hard and it was a fuel cut off as a safety feature for the engine and transmission

Any help would be appreciated

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
yep.happened to me as well when i first got my flash

DBGTI11

Ready to race!

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Really? As bad as mine? What were you doing when it happened?

ye,it took me by surprise too. 1st gear doing about 20km/h,straight dusty road and i floored it.rpm moved from 2k to redline directly lol and the car stopped moving for a split second until the dsg shifted

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
ye,it took me by surprise too. 1st gear doing about 20km/h,straight dusty road and i floored it.rpm moved from 2k to redline directly lol and the car stopped moving for a split second until the dsg shifted

damn 20 kmh is what 5 mph right? That's low and with all the tq it's prob like doing it from launch control

But it shouldn't affect anything right? Has your car been ok?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
damn 20 kmh is what 5 mph right? That's low and with all the tq it's prob like doing it from launch control

But it shouldn't affect anything right? Has your car been ok?

no it shouldn't. but since you asked if my car was ok,well, today i noticed "cracking" noises coming from beneath the car.whenever im in neutral or reverse and i go to D and slightly press the gas pedal i hear the noise. this is not a mechatronic issue as i have experienced that and this is not it. asked some people and they said something might need to be tightened down there. i have an autotech insert installed and it made some noises today on cold start. anyway,i will have to check it on monday.

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
keep me posted on what the noise is/was

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_eexb6V80Q

here's a vid i just made. make sure you listen to it with your earphones.
sound is more pronounced in Reverse rather than in drive.
i'm thinking its my insert acting up again.

from my issues with my DSG car, it could be the car went into neutral making you lose power to your wheels, but since you had the accel pedal down the revs shot up, then the DSG kicked back in and shifted to 2nd. That has happened to me before i got rid of my car. luckily the dsg came back and didnt flash (flash of death, means new mech unit)

BUt thats just what i think im unsure if thats what it is.

Skitals

Ready to race!

Yes, sounds like it shifted to neutral... which is shouldnt since you were already in 1st.

I've had a few quirky shifts with my dsg, but nothing that has repeated itself.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I have had my DSG go to Neutral at least 3 times on me now since I got the car when doing a CALI rolling stop at a Stop sign when it's cold. It REVs up and goes no where then it catches and goes. But once it's warm it's fine. Drives me nuts but some say it's normal as it acts up when it's cold only.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
removed the autotech insert today. no more cracking noise in reverse as shown in the vid. guess will have to do without it

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Talked to the dealer today. They also just told me it's NORMAL. LOL. Kinda find it odd they considered this normal. I will just have to train myself the first 3 stops in my neighborhood to completely stop.