GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm done with ECS

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Today I came across a Unibrace xB for a great price on ECS. I placed the order right away and was shocked to see that I was going to be charged $15 for shipping, but i figured hey it's still cheaper than full price so why not.

about 3 minutes after i place my order and pay via paypal, i get another email from ECS saying they need to charge me more for shipping and gave me some options to choose from. All of those would have been about what full retail was, so i had them cancel the order. At this point I was only disappointed in ECS, but was still planning to buy ~3500 in parts from them over the next year or so.

i just chatted with someone on ECS to find out why this was not covered by their free shipping - i figured this was a returned part and they just wanted to get it out of the warehouse since this is typically a direct ship item. I get the runaround and basically am told that they do not see what i saw. i openly admit even now that i am unable to replicate what i saw when i ordered, but only have a reciept showing what i was charged for this item. Price + 15 shipping. I was then told that paypal messed up the calculation for shipping, which seems implausible given that my shipping info was input from my account information. after minutes of getting nowhere I ask a question and 5 minutes later, no response.

I'm disappointed, ECS. Consider that last cancelled order the last you hear from me since you cannot honor the price I almost willingly paid for this item.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Wow, I smell a fish. Something is definitely not kosher. I'd be pissed too.

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
They need to regroup
The shipping prices are crazy
I tried to order a trunk liner for my wifes jetta and they wanted $28.00 shipping LOL
200.00 to get free shipping, ha come on ECS get real

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
They are horrible on shipping I will never order from them again I live 30 mins from them an I still get raped on shipping. Can't go there to pick up anything cause they don't allow it. So if I do order anything from them it still takes 3 days to get to me like wtf kinda shit is that.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
It's not about the minimum amount to get free shipping. Anyone who understands business understands why they do it that way - totally normal tactic on their end. It's the fact they they do not appear to take care of their customers even when it is the fault of their own system that bothers me. The immediate refund is moot - if they delayed i would have filed a paypal complaint and gotten my money back, guaranteed.

as far as the local pickup thing, I can't speak to that. If it's their policy, so be it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
and as a followup - thier chat feature crashed and disconnected me numerous times when i went to go have them delete my account. i have not yet received a confirmation from them that it has been taken care of. I can only hop they go into my wishlist to see what i was planning to buy, and that they realize how much other stuff i didn't wishlist yet but had bookmarked...

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
"It's not about the minimum amount to get free shipping. Anyone who understands business understands why they do it that way - totally normal tactic"

I understand business, don't understand why they do it that way
That's why they lost my business
I'm on your side about your transaction but you seem to be defending them
They just sent me a survey to complete to try and win $500 which I slammed them about their shipping charges, minimum to get free shipping and customer service. Hopefully they read it
Everybody dealing with them hates the shipping rates, crazy

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
"It's not about the minimum amount to get free shipping. Anyone who understands business understands why they do it that way - totally normal tactic"

I understand business, don't understand why they do it that way
That's why they lost my business
I'm on your side about your transaction but you seem to be defending them
They just sent me a survey to complete to try and win $500 which I slammed them about their shipping charges, minimum to get free shipping and customer service. Hopefully they read it
Everybody dealing with them hates the shipping rates, crazy

please dont take this the wrong way but you act as if a) they set the prices USPS/fedex/UPS charge and b) free shipping is some sort of entitlement.

In no way am i defending them or their shipping practices. i just dont get why some $200+ purchases are more deserving than others for such a process.

It's totally cool, I'll just buy the part elsewhere or hold out for the hope of a group buy.

Buffgli

Ready to race!
I agree with you on the minimum amount to qualify for free shipping. But what it comes down to is the actual size of the item. Companies (UPS, FedEx etc) charge shipping based on the dimensions and weight. The kicker is that the once packages are beyond a certain dimension irregardless of weight, they actually charge dimensional weight, aka how much room will it take up on their truck (decreases cost deficiency for that particular shipment). This is why some items qualify and others do not. For instance, I just shipped a APR stage 1 intake for $18 in a 16x12x12 box at a weight of 7lbs thru UPS. USPS wanted $30.

While I make the point above, I'm on your side. In this instance they should have shipped it for you at the price you were initially billed and taken the hit. Thereafter they should have told you they would let this slip through this time but similar sized items in the future would have a higher cost than this item. To me, that's a legitimate response.

Buffgli

Ready to race!
I agree with you on the minimum amount to qualify for free shipping. But what it comes down to is the actual size of the item. Companies (UPS, FedEx etc) charge shipping based on the dimensions and weight. The kicker is that the once packages are beyond a certain dimension irregardless of weight, they actually charge dimensional weight, aka how much room will it take up on their truck (decreases cost deficiency for that particular shipment). This is why some items qualify and others do not. For instance, I just shipped a APR stage 1 intake for $18 in a 16x12x12 box at a weight of 7lbs thru UPS. USPS wanted $30.

While I make the point above, I'm on your side. In this instance they should have shipped it for you at the price you were initially billed and taken the hit. Thereafter they should have told you they would let this slip through this time but similar sized items in the future would have a higher cost than this item. To me, that's a legitimate response.

Also, check out modded euros, everything ships free

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
uglybastard,

The PayPal $15 shipping estimate, clearly labeled as such in the paypal checkout. This happens when PayPal fails to fetch shipping rates for an order, which is why we reach out with our actual options. Checking in with order confirmation, seeing that there is no shipping method selected because one wasn’t available after the time out. Errors can happen and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please reach out to Chris our customer service manager and we can go from there.

Email - cvanhauter@ecstuning.com / Phone - 1.800.924.5172 ext.263

---

All,

When we set up our couriers we had to make a choice, cater to nuts and bolts (singular small items) or cater to larger items (service kits, control arms, heavy stuff). We chose the later, when you need something small I always suggest picking up something you know you'll need in the future (like an oil service kit or other items) to offset the shipping cost. Now admitting some times errors occur on the site with weights and dimensions that are often due to our catalog uploading from VW, if you see a small item that for some reason the shipping just looks off feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll have our guys do their best to insure the wights and dimensions are correct.

Also please take advantage of items that have "free shipping" or our "Free Shipping Eligible" program too!

Thanks, Andy

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
uglybastard,

The PayPal $15 shipping estimate, clearly labeled as such in the paypal checkout. This happens when PayPal fails to fetch shipping rates for an order, which is why we reach out with our actual options. Checking in with order confirmation, seeing that there is no shipping method selected because one wasn’t available after the time out. Errors can happen and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please reach out to Chris our customer service manager and we can go from there.

Email - cvanhauter@ecstuning.com / Phone - 1.800.924.5172 ext.263

---

All,

When we set up our couriers we had to make a choice, cater to nuts and bolts (singular small items) or cater to larger items (service kits, control arms, heavy stuff). We chose the later, when you need something small I always suggest picking up something you know you'll need in the future (like an oil service kit or other items) to offset the shipping cost. Now admitting some times errors occur on the site with weights and dimensions that are often due to our catalog uploading from VW, if you see a small item that for some reason the shipping just looks off feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll have our guys do their best to insure the wights and dimensions are correct.

Also please take advantage of items that have "free shipping" or our "Free Shipping Eligible" program too!

Thanks, Andy

I'll be making purchases from other vendors going forward. the lack of customer services received when i expected to get it drives and reaffirms this choice.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
I'll be making purchases from other vendors going forward. the lack of customer services received when i expected to get it drives and reaffirms this choice.

Sorry to hear, you can still contact me via PM or Chris if change your mind.

Thanks again, Andy

Lupin

Ready to race!
Don't forget that not all items on their website are eligible for the $200 free shipping. In addition to the spin to win bullshit that I've been following for years and the insane shipping cost, I've steered clear from them ever since. There are a ton of other vendors who sells for much cheaper including shipping cost. As for OEM parts, its cheaper to buy it at my local dealer. There are also vendors that sells OEM parts that does not take you for a ride when it comes to shipping cost.