GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #239
hpowders
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI and 2007 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblGTI View Post
Yes, I know. We've had this conversation on vortex lol

I've yet to see another girl in a GTI in the Atlanta area. I sold a girl a mkv DSG at my dealership, but that's about as close as I've gotten.
Vortex? What's that?

I see a lot of gals driving the 328i. That seems to be their preference if they like sporty.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #240
ATC2
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012/Carbon Steel/DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
and they are, almost without exception, always super cute. just saw one in a silver Mk4 on the way home today; light brown hair, young..maybe 23-24.

Although u do see the sporadic old lady but usually in a golf.
Hey "grannys" need loving too...

(sorry I couldn't help it)
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #241
hpowders

Drives: 2012 VW GTI and 2007 BMW 328i
One day a week they are released from the nursing home to drive their GTI's. I believe it's Tuesdays.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #242
girlgti
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 11' CW 6MT MK6

Guys, here's a girl drive moded 6speed 11 cw gti

watch out~~~~

Mod only for performance, not cosmatics
girlgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #243
missvrsix
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '12 mk6 gti, former mk4 vr6
I'm a girl and have a mk6 gti 6spd. :P

p.s hello kitty whack. that's for japs.

Last edited by missvrsix; 06-26-2012 at 11:54 AM.
missvrsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #244
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Z4M, GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by missvrsix View Post
I'm a girl and have a mk6 gti 6spd. :P

p.s hello kitty whack. that's for japs.
really? Jewish american princesses like hello kitty?

Sent via Tapatalk, probably with typos.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #245
The Fed
Go Kart Champion

Drives: GTI
I don't know, but it seems to me that mostly 17-year-old little boys drive GTI's. You know, the ones with pimples, who wouldn't know what to do with a woman if she drew them a picture. They probably sit naked on their Interlagos and beat it.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #246
SeanGee
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 Black DSG GTI 2DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdykstra600 View Post
It's a "cute" car, but it's definitely a guy's car. You'll be more likely to find chicks driving mustangs and trucks than driving a gti.

You don't need a "big truck" to prove you've got big balls.

I would have to agree that the GTI is more of a guys car. Girls, for the most part, are indifferent about it. My girlfriend, for example, was very indifferent about it...until she drove it.

Girlfriend - "This car just goes where you tell it to go...it's like driving a little go kart! Why doesn't my altima feel like this?!"

Me - "Because it's an altima, not a GTI".

Same with the truck, you didn't go with a truck this time around because of the gas mileage and wanted a fun car to drive etc etc. To me, I would even drive around a Mini Cooper S - which is extremely fun to drive and many many women drive that.

If your wondering if women walk around with a macho meter your mistaken (not saying you think that just hitting all the points here plus the subject has already come up) - some do but not saying much about the individual if that's how they gauge people. Even though I've heard women say that men who drive trucks are sexy, it just really doesn't matter what you drive as long as you keep it clean and running properly (this is how I've heard the majority of women speak of the scenario).

I've driven many testosterone boosted cars per say - gt500, m3, etc. I still love this little car. It's fun and pratical, and IMO looks really cool. The GTI always caught my attention even when I drove my m3.

I still haven't seen a woman drive a GTI till this day...still waiting lol.

Just my two cents

Sean

Last edited by SeanGee; 06-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.
SeanGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #247
shanexh
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 DSG GTI
I'm actually kinda surprised some of you haven't seen a woman driving a GTI, maybe the appeal of the GTI to women were I'm from is greater.Then again maybe it's just a matter of sheer numbers and the convenience a hatchback vehicle provides to someone in a big city that has traffic.

Here in Toronto I've seen several younger women driving MK6 GTIs, particularly white and red ones. I'd guess that I see 50/50 male/female GTI drivers in Toronto. I'd be tempted to say I see slightly more female GTI drivers than male, but that's probably only because I'm a guy and am more likely to notice a women driving one than another guy.

It could also be that they are driving their boyfriends car, or a family member. Parking can be pretty scarce in Toronto and likely a lot of couples/families only have one car.

That being said I'd still agree that the GTI is more of a guys car regardless.
shanexh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #248
kona
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanexh View Post
Here in Toronto I've seen several younger women driving MK6 GTIs, particularly white and red ones. I'd guess that I see 50/50 male/female GTI drivers in Toronto.
I totally disagree with you on that one. I live downtown and I go out alot and in the last year, I've only seen one (1) young girl (blond, 25ish) driving a mk5 CW gti parking her car on Queen West and one (1) old asian woman (60ish) driving a MK6 GTI at Warden/Steeles. All the rest are guys.
kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #249
Wastegate13
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2015 TR GTI SE DSG LP teh acronyms
My friend's mom has a 2012 CW 4 dr. My wife has driven my car a few times but she really isn't comfortable with a manual, she much prefers her Jetta.
Wastegate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #250
Blaylock1988

Drives: Black MT 4Dr 12 GTI; Buell 07 XB9SX
I saw a cute girl driving a red 4-door GTI at the hospital on Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. She caught me admiring her car when she was getting in, too bad I had my stupid yaris rental with me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
becausesortoflikeracecarbutnotquiteracecar
Blaylock1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #251
Veedubgli

Drives: 2012 GTI
How sad is this? The guys at work (I work in IT, and am the only girl on my team) make fun of me because of my obsession with my cars.
Yet for some reason they all want to ride in my car when we go out to lunch....hmmmmm....
Old 08-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #252
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubgli View Post
How sad is this? The guys at work (I work in IT, and am the only girl on my team) make fun of me because of my obsession with my cars.
Yet for some reason they all want to ride in my car when we go out to lunch....hmmmmm....
IT guys...
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
better half, female, girl, ladies, make me a damn sandwich, you smell nice