GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grambles Hella Functional (Part Deux)

A_Bowers

Tempting. But if I could afford them right now, I wouldn't kill several people :)
They just look gorgeous....:wub: especially on Dave's car. (did I get his name right?)

That would be correct.

A_Bowers

Actually Grambles, I have to ask one more unrelated thing....Sorry :p

@A_Bowers, this is a noobie question, but how do I create a hyperlink in my signature. (such as one leading to my build thread)?

Copy the thread you want to link, open the UserCP (left hand side of screen), click signature and then click the little button in the middle of the screen that has URL in it. Post the link into that. Click okay and then put my build thread in the highlighted sections.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Copy the thread you want to link, open the UserCP (left hand side of screen), click signature and then click the little button in the middle of the screen that has URL in it. Post the link into that. Click okay and then put my build thread in the highlighted sections.

Thanks a lot! I never noticed the highlighted section when clicking the URL button :iono: and sorry in advance for stealing some of the design elements from you sig. :D

A_Bowers

Thanks a lot! I never noticed the highlighted section when clicking the URL button :iono: and sorry in advance for stealing some of the design elements from you sig. :D

Meh. It's all about sharing info here.

Glad to help.

Z will get over the thread jacking. :p

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Meh. It's all about sharing info here.

Glad to help.

Z will get over the thread jacking. :p

Oh in that case :D I've been meaning to ask you. My current focus with my car is better handling/drive feel. I think that I am done with the engine for a while unless something catches my eye. Anyways, I'm running the H&R coils (which I may eventually switch to Bilsteins if I can ever put together the funds), as well as and APR rear and SPM Front sway bars and am considering my next step. Since you have both, would you say that the Unibrace(s) or full mounts from SPM have the greatest positive impact on performance? I might not be able to do either Unibraces because I need my trunk space and I hear that there are fitment issues with APR's TBE, but I could always work around that.

A_Bowers

Oh in that case :D I've been meaning to ask you. My current focus with my car is better handling/drive feel. I think that I am done with the engine for a while unless something catches my eye. Anyways, I'm running the H&R coils (which I may eventually switch to Bilsteins if I can ever put together the funds), as well as and APR rear and SPM Front sway bars and am considering my next step. Since you have both, would you say that the Unibrace(s) or full mounts from SPM have the greatest positive impact on performance? I might not be able to do either Unibraces because I need my trunk space and I hear that there are fitment issues with APR's TBE, but I could always work around that.

They both do very different things.
Mounts are great for power transfer and "driving feel" as you put it. Throttle tip in and transfer is great.

The UB/XB are fantastic additions to controlling the dynamics of the car. It just tightens up everything and allows the suspension to work independently of the chassis flex.

For feel or feedback from the wheel a ALK kit is amazing. Either super pro or the white line setup is a great pickup.

Where I'm at now with my setup is fixing he body roll. Sways will cure that.

And then braking.

I would recommend all of the stuff you listed to be honest.

I've Tried not to do a full bore Racecar setup. But that means compromising some performance for comfort.

But it's paid off very well.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
They both do very different things.
Mounts are great for power transfer and "driving feel" as you put it. Throttle tip in and transfer is great.

The UB/XB are fantastic additions to controlling the dynamics of the car. It just tightens up everything and allows the suspension to work independently of the chassis flex.

For feel or feedback from the wheel a ALK kit is amazing. Either super pro or the white line setup is a great pickup.

Where I'm at now with my setup is fixing he body roll. Sways will cure that.

And then braking.

I would recommend all of the stuff you listed to be honest.

I've Tried not to do a full bore Racecar setup. But that means compromising some performance for comfort.

But it's paid off very well.

I have the white line setup and have been very happy with it. i definitely recommend sways and unlike most people claim, I believe doing the front is very important, especially for autoX and track. The rear sway bar did a good jo reducing roll, however there was still some roll left at the front until I recently mounted SPM's front bar.

I am aware the two options do very different things, and what I failed to clearly ask was, which one would you recommend doing first and which is a better bang-for-buck? The reason I ask is I do not firmly "believe" in either of these modifications. I entirely trust your judgement, but I am still dumbfounded that such parts could truly affect the car's feel outside of a track setting.

A_Bowers

I have the white line setup and have been very happy with it. i definitely recommend sways and unlike most people claim, I believe doing the front is very important, especially for autoX and track. The rear sway bar did a good jo reducing roll, however there was still some roll left at the front until I recently mounted SPM's front bar.

I am aware the two options do very different things, and what I failed to clearly ask was, which one would you recommend doing first and which is a better bang-for-buck?

That's a tough one.

I don't know of you would feel much difference considering you said you have sways.

Others have reported not seeing much of a change.

If that is the case I would say mounts.
If you can get past the first 500 miles you are set.

I've got both and I wouldn't trade either ones though.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
TheGTIChannel,

Which H&R coilovers do you have? The SP kit is Bilstein and the SS kit is Koni

Really? I need to do better research before I buy something :bonk:
I currently have the SP. Thanks for the info.

That's a tough one.

I don't know of you would feel much difference considering you said you have sways.

Others have reported not seeing much of a change.

If that is the case I would say mounts.
If you can get past the first 500 miles you are set.

I've got both and I wouldn't trade either ones though.

I've heard conflicting reports. The braces are just a hassle though because of the exhaust. I'll most likely go with the mounts because I was thoroughly impressed by the performance gain from doing simply the insert. I recently purchased the SPM bar as well as a boost gauge so I'm trying to space out modifications to enjoy them more :rolleyes: so this will probably have to wait a little while...